2011 American Idol Pool

It’s Idol pool time again!

Go to http://www.funofficepools.com/

Pool Name: SDMB 2011 AI Pool
Pool password: cecil

Boo for them effing with the format so much that now we’re not nearly as familiar with the Top 12 (13?) as we were in previous years. But, heck with it – we still have a game to play!

By the by, if you need a reminder of last year’s standings, you can find them here.
The fact that it was my name at the top of those standings has nothing to do with my posting that link. Much. :slight_smile:

Ok, I’m in although this format change has me feeling like I’m flying blind.

And thanks for setting this up as always Hal.

I’m not following Idol this year (due to lack of Simon), but I’ll play along. Someone has to fill out the bottom. :wink:

On a related note, I’m not feeling the love for our annual “pick the order of elimination” pool. It’d be practically impossible, since we hardly know the contestants at all at this point (if there is a groundswell of demand for it, then ok; but otherwise, meh). Bad move by the producers this season.

I’d reconsider. If anything has come to light this season, it’s how useless Simon really was.

I would love a 1-13 thread but would similarly understand if one doesn’t happen. Not really having any idea how it will shake out could be more fun.

It looks like our overall winner picks are being shielded this season on the website. Anyone have any hunches? I’m banking on Scotty; decent country (or countryish) singers are next to invincible on this show.

All set up and ready to go, coach.

In again. I have no idea who’s going to win this thing.

Hey kids c’mon and play! You still have a little time to sign up. It’s fun, I swear!

Signing up as we speak. The wife watches, so I can’t help but absorb some of it, even if I’m not an avid follower.

Just over 10 hours left to get your pick in predicting who gets the boot tonight…still time to sign up!

OK, fine… I guess I’m in, though I can barely bring myself to care. :slight_smile: I’ll probably be just asking my wife who to vote for, though.

Last chance!

After one week, here’s our standings:

1 Drain Bead’s Karaoke All-Stars
1 Pliny
3 judikium
3 Kitten’s Picks
3 Hal Briston’s picks
6 Kolak’s picks
6 GonzoRon’s Picks
6 Mahaloth
9 Sam’s Picks
10 American What?
10 Rachel’s Groovy Picks
12 Double DN
12 phungi
12 Pleonast
12 anna
12 Daisy Duke

Less than 12 hours to get this week’s picks in – don’t forget! And phungi and anna, make sure you make an overall winner selection – every week you wait, you potentially lose points.

Dear Everyone Who Voted For Haley Rather Than Karen:

Bite me.

Love,
Hal

Note to self: No more dropping all 20 points on someone, no matter how much you think they’re toast.

20 points to me! Ha!

So, it looks like our overall winner picks are locked in now. And I’ve got Paul. Oooops. I made that pick after only seeing him sing Maggie May, which was pretty good.

BTW, I’m “American What?”

Yipe! I nearly forgot to get my Idol pool picks in! Still a half-dozen who haven’t put them in yet this week – only about a half-hour left to get 'em in…

Was I the only one with points on Casey?

Looks like it…gutsy call, and well-played.

And the first time this season that DialIdol has been anywhere near the right answer.

I forgot to put my Idol picks in. Drat. I was going to pick Casey.