French Ticklers and the Like (TMI, NSFW)

Do French Ticklers, ribbed condoms, and similar novelties add anything to the lovemaking experience (assume male-on-female for this question)? Or is it all just hype?

Yes, Mrs. Homie and I are thinking of expanding our sexual repertoire. :o

No, I don’t think so. I have personally never heard of a woman thinking they added anything noticable. IME, You try it once, find it to be worthless, and laugh about it later. “like getting f-ked over speed bumps” was one of the more favorable reviews I’ve heard. :smiley:

My old GF and I used to go to sex shops from time to time (Pink Pussycat and Toys in Babeland in NYC) and buy a bunch of those things. She said they never did anything for her, but it was fun to try.

In office supply stores, you can find these thimble-like rubber covers for your fingertips, with nubs all over them. They are intended to make it easier to handle paper, so that one can easily grab one piece of paper from a stack. I have no idea of whether or not they are safe for moist pink parts, but they can be extremely stimulating on such parts. In fact, I found them to be a bit TOO stimulating, but a light touch helps.

Speaking as a woman who tried these in college, all I can say is that it added an unpleasantly “squeaky” sensation (I’m not sure how else to describe this) to the penetrative sex act. Do not want.

I would like more information about this subject, especially “user reviews”, but I wonder if the very intimate nature of the topic causes some folks to hesitate posting.

Would folks be amenable to PMing you about their experiences, which you could post to this thread after usernames have been removed?

FWIW, a friend (yes, really!) and her BF tried “edible panties” from Frederick’s of Hollywood. “Gooey and unappetizing” was their opinion.

French ticklers are, I’m pretty sure, junk – and I don’t think they’re really sold by reputable condom providers. Ribbed condoms are a different story; it’s not a huge impact but there’s some difference and I know some women find them preferable (well, at least one). Despite the “for her pleasure” marketing, I’m under the impression the ribs benefit the male user more.

There was a brand of “spiral” ribbed condoms called Inspiral which were notably different. You also might want to try “female condoms” – Reality is the main brand. Hard to find for sale, though. It’s a very different experience than standard, and some people vastly prefer them.

Not quite sure how that’s possible, unless you’re putting on condoms that are WAY too big for you, and putting them on inside out. Condoms should not move on your penis, so any intended sensation would be lost. Plus, the “good” ones have the ribs on the outside of the condom.

It’s been years since my ex and I used them. We would sometimes get the ones that were condoms with a ‘thing’ on top, things like aliens and just lots of ‘arms’. She seemed to like them, I on the other hand didn’t as they kind of pinched and did not stay on well.

We also at some point in time got a pretty thick sheath that had bumps and such on it, she liked that one as well.

I guess the best thing to do is just try them and find out.

Save your money and just buy a cucumber, giggity.

Trojan has a version- the “twister”, IIRC, that’s the same idea as the Inspiral and probably a lot more broadly distributed.

French ticklers only work if you’re a Protestant.

No difference, positive or negative noted, single-blind study.

Now a vibrating cock ring on the other hand, that’s something worth trying.

Go have some fun at a sex shop and try some different vibrating thingamajiggies. Those are way more fun than condoms with a fishing lure on the end, haha.

There’s plenty of really cheap little stuff you can buy at a sex shop, so that if you try it and don’t like it you just say “meh” and move on.