Dannon Oikos "Traditional" full-fat Greek yogurt

My God, this stuff is awesome. Especially the raspberry. Anybody had it?

Ha! Timely thread you started … I just found it (at Wal-Mart, I don’t see it - yet? - at any grocery stores) and tried it yesterday for breakfast. I was happy to see it because I’m not interested in 0% fat anything that’s supposed to have fat in it. Only tried raspberry :slight_smile: but I was hoping it’s available in vanilla - is it? And how’s the honey version?

I don’t know about the honey version (they have that?) I’ve tried the strawberry, raspberry, and the key lime. Not a fan of the key lime. It still has all the awesome full-fat mouth feel, but the lime flavor is not a natural pairing for yogurt, IMO. The strawberry is excellent, but my favorite is the raspberry.

Yes, very tasty. I had the strawberry.

I actually like the key lime. For the rest of them, I go for the fat-free. For what it’s worth, I started on Chobani.

IMHO, the new Dannon Oikos is better than Chobani. Though Chobani is heads and tails above the Stonyfield Oikos, go figure.

Yeah, so what’s the deal with that? Dannon owns Stonyfield, right?

I’m so conflicted about yogurt. I love it, but I can no longer eat it without becoming intensely aware of breast-cancer. When I do eat it, I’m manically whipsawed back and forth between yum! and bummer plus I stare at women’s chests without realizing I’m doing so. Ok, so that last one may have been a preexisting condition.

How does it compare to Fage yogurt? Because that’s been my gold standard for a while now, and I can only justify the expense when it goes on sale (Fage normally is ~$1.50-$1.75, on sale it is more like $1-$1.25).

I have not yet tried Fage. I’ve seen it, but haven’t tried it. The Oikos, though, is usually $1.25.

As I understand it, the Stonyfield Oikos is the same–in other words, organic-as-any-mass-produced-product-ever-is. The Dannon Oikos is rebranded Dannon Greek with new flavors and increased distribution.

I like both Dannon Oikos and Chobani more than I like Fage. Chobani is, to my taste, closer to Fage than the Dannon Oikos.

I dislike Fage because I had some recently that sort of separated in the cup even though it wasn’t past the expiration date. It was like eating strawberry flavored cottage cheese - and I hate cottage cheese (it’s a texture thing). So I’m not going to risk buying it again.

I like the Oikos, Chobani, and Liberte brands.

Didja stir it?

I get whichever brand of Greek yogurt that’s on sale. I don’t like the Oikos, I find it too sweet. Trader Joe’s has a nice one, the pomegranate flavour is good, but its kind of an off-putting reddish grey colour…

Yes. That’s how I noticed the white lumps. Tried a bite anyway, blech.

eta: Couldn’t eat the pomegranate flavor, the seeds were in there.

I love the “new” Greek style yogurts. the Dannon OIkos vanilla is my fave so far. really is good stuff.

I don’t get the connection to breast cancer mentioned by a poster; what was that about?

I think it’s just that yogurt frequently has the pink Susan G. Komen For the Cure ribbon/coloration/etc.

I love the honey one. I also like plain greek yogurt with honey drizzled on top, like a sundae. :slight_smile:

The vanilla Oikos is particularly good with some cinnamon stirred into it. Just sayin’.