I burst into uncontrollable laughter in Target today...

My wife was looking for an inexpensive hand mixer for a present. We saw one in Target for $5.98 - it was a Chefmate 5-speed mixer. She asked me if I thought that $6 mixer could be decent quality, and I said I’d look up the reviews on my iPhone. So I Googled it, and this was what I found.

After I read the title of the first review, I tried to tell her what it said, and couldn’t - I started laughing so hard I couldn’t speak. I can’t remember the last time had laughed that long or hard.

We didn’t buy it.

That review is a thing of beauty. I marked it as “helpful” because really, he’s right.

But what if I really want a mixer that will bake the cake as I mix it?

My favorite sentence:

mmm

Cool, you don’t see a whole lot of products rated and a flat 1.0 on Amazon. Usually there is at least someone who likes the color, or feel of something enough to give it a 2.

That is one universally disliked product. Wow. :slight_smile:

Flakes of metal in the whipped cream?

Flames coming from motor?

Yea, I think I might pass on that baby, too.

But C’mon, it’s only $5.98! How can you pass up such a great deal?!

You people just need some perspective, six bucks is incredibly reasonable for a blowtorch.

Sounds like a great gift to give someone you really don’t like…

“oh honey, I just found the BEST gift for your mother!!!” :D:eek:

Cool! I love kitchen multi-tools! That blowtorch can be used for toasting and Banana Flambe!

Dear og-- there’s a used one for sale!

Username/topic.

duplicate post, sorry!

I didn’t think I could laugh any harder until I read this. Thank you for pointing it out runner pat!

It’s not a multi-tool though. It doesn’t actually mix! I could dismiss it if it was one customer complaining about flames, but it seems as if every customer mentioned either flames, sparks, or burning smells. Wow.

Just think of it this way: you’ve now got creme brule down to one tool. Alton Brown would be proud.

In defense of the Chefmate brand, I have one of their spatulas and flames have yet to shoot out of it.

I totally cracked up. Thanks so much for sharing that :slight_smile:

Possibly it’s defective.

Mine melted while stirring scrambled eggs. I’ve another that is relegated only to (very carefully) flipping over grilled sandwiches. Chefmate simply sucks.

And as a hijack, I’d like to ask why manufacturers can’t send the same product to all retail stores. It shouldn’t matter whether I buy a Presto electric frying pan from Wal-Mart, Target, Sears, or Macy’s. But it does.