Benicio Del Toro

Two points here:

(a) What the ____? Did anyone watch Del Toro’s post-Oscar interview? All he had to say every other word was, “you know…you know…you know”
What’s up with that; you know?

(b) Is it just me, or does anyone else here think Del Toro looks like Brad Pitt’s bizarre evil clone?

I’ve always thought that Benicio Del Toro looks like Brad Pitt. It really isn’t a compliment since I don’t find Brad all that attractive. Both look like they could use a bath.

What I want to know is why he always looks like somebody punched him in both eyes the day before.

But he is an enjoyable actor.

I think he resembles the Ghost of Christmas Past in Scrooged! (Yes, Buster Poindexter/David Johansen)

He looks so much like French Stewart from Third Rock from the Sun that when he was in The Usual Suspects I thought it was French Stewart. You have nothing to worry about. I just saw an interview with Russell Crowein which he was making his Oscar talk and move like it was some kind of action toy.

As your legal advisor, I advise you to take a hit from the brown bottle.

I don’t understand. But I want to.

Bencicio Del Torro is the code word I invented at work to use when we (the clerks) see a cute customer coming to the counter that we want to wait on. It means “clear out! Hottie coming through, and I got dibs!”

Oh, and Twisty?

I got it too, Twisty. Nice call.

I’m a guy, so Benicio = hot vs. nothot simply doesn’t compute. He’s a brilliant, brilliant actor, though, and that’s all that matters for me.

I have thought they looked alike for years…many others don’t see it, and I can’t figure out how they CAN’T…it’s eerie weird…like the light and dark of the same guy. The bigger question…do you think they see it in themselves.

They’d play an intriguing Jekyll and Hyde, that’s for sure.

But that’s a different horror movie–this thread is all about zombies now… (with a 10th anniversary opportunity lost!)

Wow- now that’s a zombie! Perhaps they mean Guillermo Del Toro?

No, Benicio won his Oscar for Traffic just around the time of the OP (Guillermo has never won one).