TV shows in which cast members have ended relationships during their runs

It’s pretty well known that Michael C. Hall (Dexter, from Dexter) met, married, and subsequently divorced his costar Jennifer Carpenter (Deb). It’s a testament to their acting abilities that none of that comes across on screen, but I’m sure it creates a strange work environment.

Anyway, this can’t be the only time this happened. What other TV shows have featured actors who have ended personal relationships with each other, yet still had to see each other every day on set?

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz were in the process of breaking up while filming the episodes of The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, apparently.

Jennifer Morrison and Jesse Spencer got engaged to each & subsequently split up while they were both major players on “House”.

also - Kaley Cuoco & Johnny Galecki had a fairly long relationship during the beginning of Big Bang Theory’s run. They aren’t seeing each other any more, but are still costarring.

(so glad the library where I work carries People…)

Rhoda and some guy she married during a football game.

If we can count bands, Stevie Nicks/Lindsay Buckingham and John/Christie McVie both broke up in between the releases of Fleetwood Mac and Rumours.

NM, didn’t read that OP right.

Let’s go with Sonny and Cher then.

If Saturday Night Live counts, how about Fred Armisen and Abby Elliott? They had a relationship while working together which ended before she was fired from the show before this season.

(FYI, while looking her up I discovered that she’s Chris Elliott’s daughter - had no idea).

Basically every permutation that didn’t involve Screech happened on Saved by the Bell.

Nikki Cox was linked to Kevin Connolly on their show Unhappily Ever After before getting engaged to her other co-star, Bobcat Goldthwait. Then she was dating Josh Duhamel on Vegas before she left the show, but they may have broken up earlier. She’s now married to Jay Mohr.

There’s a woman who looks beneath the surface, at least 75% of the time.

Sure it counts! Bill Murray and Gilda Radner had a thang for about a year, broke up, and continued to work on the show through the end of season 5. Dan Aykroyd had a rather open affair with Rosie Schuster, Lorne Michaels’ wife at the time; I gather all three of them had an unusually deep commitment to the philosophy of Free Love, as Lorne and Dan displayed no overt friction over the matter.

A different sort of relationship soured behind the scenes of Planet Cosby: Bill Cosby and Lisa Bonet had a falling-out (reportedly over her participation in Angel Heart), causing Bill to fire his TV daughter from her own show and be conspicuously absent from any reunions on his.

Which means that she is the grand-daughter of Bob Elliott (the Bob of “Bob and Ray”).

Which means that Chris and Abby are the only parent and child cast members on Saturday Night Live (and Bob appeared once in a small role).

They get extra points because ***after ***they got together, got engaged, then split their characters on the show got together, got engaged, got married, then got divorced. Makes my head hurt thinking about it (especially considering how unbelievably cute Jennifer Morrison is!)

Actually Bob & Ray hosted the show very early in its run. The one bit I remember was the girls singing a then Rod Stewart hit, and they cut to Bob & Ray to sing the chorus. Was pretty funny seeing these two old guys belt out, "If you want my body, and you think I’m sexy…" :smiley:

Gilda was also briefly married to GE Smith (as in “G.E. Smith and the Saturday Night Live Band”).

Now Jennifer Morrison is apparently with Sebastian Stan (Mad Hatter). And Snow White and Prince Charming are shacking up. “Don’t shit where you eat” does not apply in Hollywood.

No, as far as I’ve been able to determine, Bob and Ray did not host the show. That was a cameo appearance. Do you have any evidence otherwise?

Too bad she couldn’t see the value of her own surface.

John Cleese and Connie Booth co-wrote and co-starred in Fawlty Towers - and their marriage broke up - ending in divorce during the first run of the show.

I could. Can anyone explain why Unhappily Ever After has never been on DVD? It’s a much better show than a zillion others with full releases.

Jennifer Garner and Michael Vartan started and ended relationships during their time on Alias