Who is Jesus? God's Son or God Almighty?

I’ve only started looking at this forum a few days ago and i’m (not) surprised at the amount of claims about the identity of Jesus of Nazareth, the man millions identify to be the promised and prophesised “seed” (Genesis) or the “Messiah” (Hebrew) a.k.a. “Christos” (Greek). (meaning annointed king or priest)

As i have a very large amount of bible verses and quotes from history books, encyclopedias, academical research and comments. I will post it in 5 parts so you have time to digest and check for yourself. I will post a part every 2 days.

From my part, this is not to be a shouting contest where we make personal statements and post philosophical theories that are not in the bible or are not in sync with the bible.
As this whole topic is a biblical matter, that’s what my primary source of evidence will be.

If you: Don’t know the bible, Don’t use the bible, Are afraid of the bible, Have been forbidden to read the bible, Don’t even believe the bible, Don’t respect the bible, Are too lazy to read and research, Just wanna squeeze in a witty remark… Please don’t waste (y)our time here.

I love and respect you all, but this debate is for people that accept the bible as God’s words and sincerely want honest answers. On top of that requirement; let’s try to debate kindly and respectfully like Jesus did.
So in short if you still don’t get it: Strictly biblical evidence + historical facts + kind and respectful language. Final note: If you willfully LIE or distort the facts just to get your opinion across God will see it. (it’s your choice)

LEGEND of translations used
Unless otherwise indicated, Scripture quotations are from the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, 1984 edition (NW). Explanations of the abbreviations used to designate other translations of the Bible are provided below:

AS - American Standard Version (1901; as printed in 1944), American Revision Committee.

AT - The Bible—An American Translation (1935), J. M. Powis Smith and Edgar J. Goodspeed.

By - The Bible in Living English (published in 1972), Steven T. Byington.

CBW - The New Testament—A Translation in the Language of the People (1937; as printed in 1950), Charles B. Williams.

CC - The New Testament (1941; as printed in 1947), Confraternity of Christian Doctrine Revision.

CKW - The New Testament—A New Translation in Plain English (1963), Charles K. Williams.

Da - The ‘Holy Scriptures’ (1882; as printed in 1949), J. N. Darby.

Dy - Catholic Challoner-Douay Version (1750; as printed in 1941).

ED - The Emphatic Diaglott (1864; as printed in 1942), Benjamin Wilson.

Int - The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures (1969).

JB - The Jerusalem Bible (1966), Alexander Jones, general editor.

JP - The Holy Scriptures According to the Masoretic Text (1917), Jewish Publication Society of America.

KJ - King James Version (1611; as printed in 1942).

Kx - The Holy Bible (1954; as printed in 1956), Ronald A. Knox.

LEF - The Christian’s Bible—New Testament (1928), George N. LeFevre.

LXX - Greek Septuagint Version.

Mo - A New Translation of the Bible (1934), James Moffatt.

NAB - The New American Bible, Saint Joseph Edition (1970).

NE - The New English Bible (1970).

NTIV - The New Testament in an Improved Version (1808), published in London.

Ro - The Emphasised Bible (1897), Joseph B. Rotherham.

RS - Revised Standard Version, Second Edition (1971).

Sd - The Authentic New Testament (1958), Hugh J. Schonfield.

SE - The Simple English Bible—New Testament, American Edition (1981).

TC - The Twentieth Century New Testament, Revised Edition (1904).

TEV - Good News Bible—Today’s English Version (1976).

We - The New Testament in Modern Speech (1929; as printed in 1944), Richard F. Weymouth.

Yg - The Holy Bible, Revised Edition (1887), Robert Young.

Zaphod’s just this guy, you know?

Part 1 of 5:

I think I’ll wait for the paperback to come out.

ruben4ruben, I’ll bet the Holy Trinity that you are a Jehovah’s Witness.

If you’re just too lazy and arrogant to take the Pope’s word and that of the Holy Church as truth, God will see it.

Jesus is whoever you want him to be. He was possibly a real person, but then molded to fit the notions of others after his death.

Is this from a previously published document and/or website, or is this your own composition created for this message board?

That’s fine. Just as long as he doesn’t watch me masturbate.

He doesn’t, does he…?

I think Mel Gibson is making a movie, so I’d hold off a bit longer.

I entered a paragraph into Google
Here is one hit.

And Annie-Xmas wins her bet, since here is some of the glurge on a site refuting JW beliefs.

Try in your own words, please.

Not only does he, he and the angels hold up score cards.

Anyone else pining for the days of the Inquisition? No one? Just me? Okay.

Hi Ruben

I’m so sorry you’re not interested in the input of non-religious members. Around here they vary in style from knowledgeable scholars, to witty raconteurs, to wacky deluded eccentrics to sinners in need of saving, to harmless agnostics, and even a few semi-devout strays. You’re missing out on a lot of entertainment.

Ruben? Are you there, Ruben?

I don’t think the Professor is taking questions until the end of the lecture.

Is this the internet version of leaving a pamphlet on the door, and then never coming back to that neighborhood?

(Mat 15:9) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

“The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.”
(1 Corinthians 2:14 )

Good luck with that.

From the first paragraph alone, it seems clear to me that this is a copy-paste job. I mean, who would stumble upon the SDMB and immediately notice how much disagreement there is about the identity of Jesus? That’s not exactly the defining characteristic of this place.

cite?

He overturned tables - mouthed off to the pharisees and pretty much got executed for ‘not being respectful’ or kind - he came not to offer peace but a sword and all that. The only people he was respectful or kind to are the ones that were already following him.

and you’re not here to debate either - you’re here to paste a bunch of crap and say “this is how it is” - thats not a debate.

As far as which he was? the bible can be debated both ways - in the end - he’s a poorly written fictional character.

And- this entire glurge is a copy/paste of Watchtower (Jehovah’s Witnesses) ‘stuff’ -

Here is one man’s opinion. Of course he has already departed TO HELL FOR ETERNITY, so who knows if what he is saying is true.