Waaaah! One of my favorite candies is gone!

So, there’s this Russian import grocery a couple of blocks from my building. In addition to some really wonderful smoked fish and amazing pastries, they sold various Eastern European chocolates.

I’ve become addicted to these little guys, but the store stopped carrying them. When I asked the owner when they were going to get more in, they told me that the makers had gone out of business and my little choco-covered crack bits were no longer in production.

I’m much more upset about this than I was about Twinkies. And I thought someone here, at least, might know what I’m talking about.

Never heard of 'em, but they do look and sound mighty good. Bummer!

(My own favorite is remarkably hard to find: Violet Crumble. Yum! Not in any stores hereabouts.)

Huh. People - and by people I mean store owners, sales reps, distributors - sometimes fib about such things, or misunderstand. We buy those (sold at our Polish store, even though they’re Byelorussian)…I’ll keep an eye out when we shop there in the next couple of months.

Here you go Trinopus, I knew I had seen it locally!
http://www.worldmarket.com/product/nestlé-australia-violet-crumble-bar.do

Wild n Mild Fritos
PB Max
Pitch Black Mt. Dew (although they make some more randomly)

Oh man, I am a huge fan too. But the site says “not available online.” Bummer!

That Violet Crumble looks an awful lot like a Crunchie.

I see Violet Crumble all over the place up here (SF Bay Area). If you can’t find 'em anywhere else, if you have a Powell’s Sweet Shop anywhere near you, try there. They have all sorts of obscure candy (though I’m almost certain they don’t have the OP’s favorite–which, by the way, looks really tasty!)

Based on their website, I don’t think they are out of business. There is some contact information for their export department and a phone number for a “Representative” store in New York.

Now, I don’t know how far you are willing to go, but it might be worth an email and a phone call to see if you can find another source. They would have to be really, ridiculously delicious for me to pay for shipping from Minsk, but New York might be doable. Good luck!

…and Crunchie’s fucking rule.

:Hastily checking:

Oh, good, they still make Perugina Baci’s.

I’ve been seeing a place called RocketFizz pop up in various locales lately. Seems like a franchise chain or some such. They specialize in nostalgia carbonated drinks and candies. They might carry the crumble or the crunchie.

Good luck!

–G!
I’ll trade ya for some Tato Skins in *Original Baked Potato *flavor.

Whew! I thought this was going to be the end of circus peanuts.

No wonder you’ve become addicted. These are vodka caramels, aren’t they?

I miss lemon Jolly Ranchers. And I’m really ticked the current package says “Original Flavors” on it because it’s a lie!

I also miss Regal Crown Sours. They went out of business so long ago that I think every last one of them has been purchased. I search online every now and then and bump into other people who are jonesing.