Who takes The College Football Belt away from Oklahoma?

First off: Be aware that the first game available to pick is not until Aug/30/2014! So there’s no need to hurry making your pick.

It just seemed like a way to keep the football chatter going through the dismal months ahead.

Refer to Who takes The College Football Belt away from Baylor? for some backstory, if you need it.

The data for the poll is from this site and as of today it looks like this:

Until you feel ready to vote in the poll maybe we can discuss other related matters here.

I think Iowa State, coming the week before Baylor, will get overlooked and get one of thier underdog, Cinderella upset wins in a game where Oklahoma is looking too far ahead.

That may change depending on who Texas ends up hiring.

I’m jumping the gun and picking Tennessee even though I have serious doubts that the Vols will be ready by then. It looks like the only way to get The Belt into the SEC early on.

I’d love to see The Belt in the SEC, but I don’t see Tennessee getting it done on the road. I went ahead and voted for Texas. They’ll have a new coach, and give whoever it is a big win over a hated rival. Plus it will annoy Jim Ross and Bill Watts, both of whom took unseemly joy in the unfortunate events of last night. Roll Tide any-damn-way!

I can see Baylor taking it right back.

Things seem to be up-to-date now at The College Football Belt except that the LaTech home page points to Temple Owls. I have written to them several times about such things – every time a new school is in the running, their home page is delayed until the game is played – with no response and with no changes. Your guess is as good as mine as to why.

Other pages appear to have been changed to reflect OU beating Bama in the Sugar Bowl.

However, http://collegefootballbelt.com/Schools/Louisiana%20Tech%20Stats.htm does exist if you look through the http://collegefootballbelt.com/Schools/School%20Names.htm index.

Open Date is not an option?

I wouldn’t be betting money on it! :smiley:

It’s getting closer, people. Two full months and a few days and we’re back in business for College Football.

Other topics on the general subject are welcome here until there’s something specific worth starting a new thread about.

Bumping to get this in view!

If you look at the updated info on 2014 Oklahoma Football Schedule | FBSchedules.com you can see that Tulsa has moved into what had been an Open Date on Sep/6, which means they will actually play BEFORE Tennessee does. For what that may be worth…

Your chances are not looking too promising, Zeldar

10-4. Bummer.

Okay, so Munch and I are out of the running and it’s too late for actual voting in the poll proper, but now that we have seen us some Sooner football, does anybody want to add a vote – or change from the one that counts?

Here’s the stack of originals:

View Poll Results: Who takes The College Football Belt away from Oklahoma?
**This poll closed on 08-30-2014 at 11:05 AM **

Louisiana Tech   Munch                      1 6.67% 
Tennessee        Zeldar                     1 6.67% 
Tulsa                                       0 0% 

West Virginia    eschereal                  1 6.67% 
TCU              basset hound, Disheavel    2 13.33% 
Texas            Nauplius, Oakminster       2 13.33% 
Kansas State     Max Torque                 1 6.67% 
Iowa State       Death of Rats, Jackmannii  2 13.33% 
Baylor           hende, txtumbleweed        2 13.33% 
Texas Tech       AncientHumanoid            1 6.67% 
Kansas                                      0 0% 
Oklahoma State   Rex Goliath                1 6.67% 

Nobody this year DMC                        1 6.67% 

Voters: 15.

I guess we should congratulate basset hound and Disheavel and start a new thread.

Congratulations to basset hound and Disheavel

TCU did it!

Done – and done!

Who takes The College Football Belt away from TCU?