The do-over MMP

Imagine if life had a reset button, allowing you to go back & change one decision in your life. It might be taking/turning down a new job only to have the old/new company go under, or not/changing lanes which avoids a car accident. Of course, avoiding the accident means not ending up in the ER, which means you don’t meet the person you end up marrying, so yeah, you no longer have that lifelong limp, but your kids are different because your spouse is different.
Kind of like the movie Groundhog Day*, but you only get one shot at it, not going back over & over again until you get it perfect.
Later this week I will get one such opportunity (well, not the go back in time part) as I have a second date with a [del]girl[/del] woman…20-some years after the first one. I’m not saying we would have fallen in love & gotten married & all that but the timing of such meant dating her would have changed my life.

• While I hated the movie Groundhog Day, thinking it dragged on doing one or two many resets, I have been to Punxsutawney on Feb 2nd before. That special day will be coming up in a few weeks & if you’ve never had the opportunity to go, you still have time to make plans for this year. It’s totally stupid, it’s totally crazy, getting up at un-Ogly o’clock to stand outside, on a hillside, for hours during the overnight, in the low temps of winter, about 27-miles-to-the-west-of-nowhere, Pennsylvania with literally tens of thousands of others to watch some guys wearing tuxes pull a rodent out of a tree stump. but it’s fun as Hell! As a bonus, it’s on a weekend this year, which means extra large crowds & no need to miss work.

The question(s) for the week are: Given the opportunity, what would be the one decision you’d un/do in your life &/or do you remember another MMP that went off track in the OP?
Time for you to hijack!

W00T! 1st!

Good luck on the date. If I could go back in time, I’d stop myself from stopping myself from stopping myself from inventing that time machine. Wibbly Wobbly, timey wimey stuff, ya know.

Assuming the opportunity and the knowledge, I would have done a PhD at MIT.

No, I’m not joking. I don’t mean the academic knowledge to get in, I mean that I didn’t know I could, and I totally could!

We talk about food a fair bit in here, so let’s start at the very beginning.

Describe your favoritest breakfast - you can include a place if that’s part of it - you know, croissants on the Riviera. :smiley:

Some of my favorites involved the company rather than the food - I used to meet with a group of friends once a month at a Golden Corral. The food was meh, the company was wonderful. But it’s not my favorite.

Locally, I like going to a cafe in Leonardtown for sweet potato pancakes with a side of ham. Yum. But I found I do like the breakfast buffets aboard cruise ships, sitting by one of the windows watching the ocean slip by. I’d put that at the top of my list.

How’s about you?

Oh yeah, and Happy Moanday!!

Well, rats, if I’d known you were going to do this, I wouldn’t have done mine. Guess I’ll get a mod to merge us… :stuck_out_tongue:

No! that will cause chaos and disorder! So it will look like every other MMP afer post #2.:stuck_out_tongue:

Work to day and hockey tonight. Gordie put Ozzie the bat in his water dish.

Ahh breakfast, my favourite meal of the day!

My number one breakfast would have to be buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup and banana, and a side of bacon. Served in the Pershing Cafe outside Grand Central station in New York City. :smiley:

However, on those days when I can’t jump on a eight hour flight for breakfast(!), my go-to dish is streaky bacon and eggs cooked in coconut oil.

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffienatin’. YAWN 'Tis 38 Amurrkin out with a predicted high of <snerk> 69! <snerk> and will either be sunny or rainy later today. Seriously. That’s kinda what the forecast says for the day.

Wow! Two MMPs! I decided to post in this one as it looks like MOOOOOOM has asked for a merge. So here I am. As far as a do over, I wish I had majored in bidness/finance or sump’n like that in college instead of education/counseling. I’ve liked what I’ve done but maybe I would’ve made more money in anothe field. Still, it hasn’t been all that bad. I have really off and on regretted movin’ where I live now, however, if I hadn’t I probably would not have met OYKW which has been one of the best things to happen to me, so overall I’m glad with the move.

And, speakin’ of brekkie places, I’m meetin’ him at that place of epicurean delights known as Three Squares Diner for brekkie this mornin’! From there he’s leavin’ to head up to Macon, Jawja for a meetin’ for three days so I won’t get to see him again until Thursday. ICK!

Now I need more caffiene and then I need to commence purtification for irk and brekkie.

Happy Moanday Y’all!

In anticipation of a thread merge, my favorite breakfast(s) were the summer holiday cookouts my grandparents threw. Almost a family reunion, and sausage, bacon, eggs, and all the other artery clogging favorites cooked on a grill outside.

If I had a life reset button, I’d go back to high school graduation… Not because that event was bad, but all the crap I would reset happened after. I’d want the knowledge, wisdom, and experience I have now to go with me, too.

A bonus, for real hijack: for Amurrkins reading this, y’all realize the Super Bowl will be played on Ground Hog Day? It’ll never end.

I have to go to irk on a Monday. B.L.U.R.F.

I had a long conversation with Complicated Friend yesterday about do-overs. I told him I wouldn’t do anything differently because then who knows where I would end up. Doing everything the way I did brought me to where I am, which is not a bad place. I choose not to regret.

I know it’s not healthy but my favorite breakfast is a McDonald’s Sausage biscuit with egg. It just tastes sooooooo good. I don’t have it very often though.

Favorite breakfast:
Chorizo, egg and veggie burritos. Mine are a riff on the chorizo egg and N.O.T. skillet from Denny’s.

Yay, we have two MMPs! :smiley:

Wait, we have two MMPs this week?! This one was made first, though.

We have two MMPs and I killed them both. :frowning:

Breakfast is my favourite meal, and if I had to pick a favourite, it would be the breakfast that my friend makes when we go and visit them in Hungary. She does fantastic fried eggs and bacon with baked beans, served on thick-cut slices of toast, with home-made tomato sauce.

If the weather’s warm enough, we’ll eat outside sitting around their huge table and drinking lots of tea before deciding which thermal spa we want to visit…that is how breakfast should be conducted!

As for the do-over, I’d go back to school and try a lot harder, plus I’d have a better idea of what I really want to be when I grow up.

Morning all,

Favorite breakfast: Blueberry pancakes, and hashbrowns (the shredded kind) with lots of katsup with a tall glass of OJ.

Do over: Maybe finishing college with an IT degree as opposed to not at all or not marrying my ex, but that wasn’t *that *bad.

Overshare moment to follow:

Anyone ever bruised a rib and/or tore a muscle around that area? I tripped over my own two feet a couple of weeks ago and managed to catch myself with a grocery cart on my left rib, right underneath my b00b. It has been about two and a half weeks and it is not getting any better. Any tips to help heal faster or how long is this gonna suck?

Is it possible to hijack an MMP? I wouldn’t think that’s possible.

For my do over I would have better invested my re-enlistment bonuses over the years, and gotten into real estate when I moved down this way back in the mid-80s. With the caveat, of course, that still would have met the Factotress along the way.

Yes you can hijack an MMP: it gets hijacked on the second post, and again on the third, and again…

It’s the most hijacked thread, every week!

RE: bruised/broken ribs. The only tip I have is, you know when you lean forward and get too close to the edge of the desk and it hurts? Well, stop doing it, silly!

Well, that’s what I meant Nava. By design and definition, it is nothing but a hijack. The only way I think to hijack would be to interrupt the first post.