This Might Be The New MMP

Or not. Somebody might be me to it. We shall see. Anywho…

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffienatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 70 Amurrkin out and very muggy with a predicted high of 94 for the day and sunny. Does not matter cause I"ll be spendin’ the day at irk anyways.

Ok, the “bomb threat” turned out to be a fake. The device was not a real bomb but a “commercial device” designed to look like a bomb. The GBI bomb squad blew it up as a precaution. I say it takes a sick person to place somethin’ like that in a Goodwill donation box. :mad: So the excitatement in the 'hood last night turned out to be a fake. We did have a storm last night so at least sump’n went boom.

That’s all I got. I need more caffiene and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Then, alas and alack, irk purtification must commence.

Happy Moanday Y’all!

I gotta go to irk (early today for me; way back when, when **Mooommm **was employed I think she was alreay at irk for one hour by now, but I digress…). Anyhow/who/why/what/when/where it’s Moanday morning & no new MMP is up yet, so heres ya go…

Today’s pre-hijack question: something on your bucket list?

Damn you, ninja!

Oh, FIRST!

Good morning! I asked that the 2 MMPs be merged, so we shall see, shan’t we?

Continuing discussion of bomb threats, when I was working for the gummint, we had official forms that we were to keep by our phones in case of a bomb threat. There was a whole list of stuff to fill out - who called, when, what did they say, where is the bomb, what (if any) accent did they have, were there any background noises, etc. I can just see some dimwit going “Hold on a minute, can your repeat that? I need to write it down. Is that a foghorn I hear? What’s your name again? Can you spell it?” Maybe that’s how you deal with hoax threats - you annoy the crap out of the caller… :smiley:

We had rain overnight. I don’t need a rain gauge - I have a low spot in the driveway. When we get a substantial amount of rain, we awaken to a large puddle, like this morning. Sometimes it’s so large, it spans the driveway. I’ve seen birds bathing in the puddle. Who knew my drive would be more than just a path from the road to the garage??

Assuming it’s not too soggy, we’ll mow today. Then we’re going out in search of a kennel for Higgs for next week when we go camping. The cheapest one ($25/day) is also the closest - here’s hoping it’s acceptable. At least one of the kennels around here advertises “luxury suites” for your pets. Seriously? With TV and a pool, no less. OK, I can see the pool when it’s hot, especially for water-loving dogs. But TV? Dogs don’t have thumbs - they can’t operate the remote. Sheesh!

Anyway, those are the 2 big plans for the day. We’ll see what else comes up.

Happy Moanday!

Merge request sent

I got nuthin’ but blurfs. It’s majorly humid and rainy and it’s gonna be like that through Tuesday.
BTW - I made a merge request to get Spidey’s MMP combined here.

Petablurf.

Happy Moonday!

It rained last night here as well. There is water hanging off the leaves. It’s 68 degrees with a projected high of 81.

Soup for breakfast. I like warm broth on my sore throat and belly.

My bucket list? One thing I never got to do was dance in a trashy rock video.

**FCM ** doggie resorts are quite popular. I read about some man who started a kennel and on a whim put in 6 doggie bedrooms. He regretted that he didn’t put in 12. At that time they were $60/night and he could have booked all 12. Money is tight, times are hard, but people will still spoil the hell out of their pets.

I think I may go back to sleep for a bit, maybe not.

How do you pet a blurf? Bobbio Or is that what y’all men are calling it nowadays?

sari, I know some people are just slightly, shall we say, nuts when it comes to their pets. Ours see the vet regularly, are well-fed, and somewhat coddled, but ain’t no way I’d spend $60/night to board them. Heck, I hate spending that much on a hotel room for me!

We’ll leave the cats home - it’s just 2 nights, and I’ll put out an extra litter box, so they’ll be fine. My main worry is that Taz will cop an attitude and pee on the bed - he’s been good about that lately. We shall see how it goes.

Blurfy Moanday. I got nothing.

My bucket list (edited):

Scuba dive off Yucatan.
Travel to Israel.
Travel to Australia.
Do a 30 second freefall skydiving.

X Achieve a black belt.
Weigh less than 220 pounds.
Awake each morning with a smile.
X Raise my children and pets to be civilized, not savages.
Pay cash for a new vehicle.
Backpack.
Honor God.
Be the type of person my dog thinks I am.
Pull the perfect practical joke.
Never retire, just change jobs.
Own a muscle car.
X Be a pain in the butt to any politician, lawyer, collection agent, or
social activist who crosses my path.
Carry no debt.
Build a dream model railroad.
Become a recognized expert on something.
Shoot level 5 rapids.
X Learn to pickle.
Be my own boss.
X Obtain a hobby farm.
X Own a switchstand.
Do a 1000 mile crosscountry bicycle trip.

X -> Accomplished

This will make more sense after the coming thread merge. :smack:

All one word, petablurf. As in blurf X 10[sup]12[/sup].

Clearly we now have a need for Badwill donation boxes. Pity, but I guess that kind of segregation isn’t entirely without benefit.

Today I have all the blurf.

Did wind up working yesterday, what wound up being a 14 hour shift directing traffic- and I was on my feet for all but 5 minutes of that, 'cos we were so understaffed we were only getting gpbreaks long enough to run and do the necessaries.

The forecast said “dry, with sunny spells” which turned out to be cloudless skies until it suddenly started raining cats n dogs and we got thunder’n everything. Got sunburnt and soaked to the skin, plus my feets are killing me. Most of the customers were nice though, so there was a nice atmosphere, and at least I could listen to the bands.

Today I am off, and I don’t care what the boss tries to talk me into doing, I ain’t doin’ it.

Good morning all. We also had a police presence in our neighborhood last evening.

For the second time in two weeks, there was a drug overdose in a house around the corner. This time it was the younger sister of the guy who tried to kill himself a couple of Fridays ago (vodka and tranquilizers for him, heroin for her. And this is the second time she’s OD’d on herion). I’m actually going to the local police precinct today to find out what needs to be done to get these people to be arrested. I’m even considering allowing cameras to be set up on my property so that they have a visual record of all the comings and goings of people at the place at all hours of the day or night. If that doesn’t work, I might give a friend of mine who works at a local television station a call to see if they’re interested in publicly shaming this family and the police into doing something.

Oh goodness, why did I have a soft drink for breakfast? Now my stomach hurts and I’m slightly nauseous.

I should drag my lazy behind off to the store today.

Merged duplicate threads.

Morning. I’m up, caffeinated, and off today. Feels weird having a three day weekend.:slight_smile:

My bucket list:
a bucket

Higgs has a reservation at the kennel, but we’ve got to get her to the vet for a kennel cough inoculation. I’m waiting for them to call back. Meanwhile, I’ve got a load of whites in the washer, and it’s all clouded over and dreary out. Glad we got the lawn mowed earlier.

Good morning all,

Weird weekend - laid around Saturday wondering why I felt off, threw a kidney stone yesterday morning and felt relieved (not because of the kidney stone, rather I understood *why *I felt bad). Still have another to go.

Working late shift this week. I like the sleeping in part, hate the shift. Office politics at night is the worst.

'Bout all from me. Been quiet 'cause it is quiet.