Who were the other deejays on WKRP in Cincinnati???

There was Venus Flytrap and Dr. Johnny Fever, with Les Nessman doing the news.

I remember there was some bald headed guy who was a jock on one episode; and Sparky Anderson had a short lived sports talk show before getting fired.

Does anyone know what other jocks were on WKRP? Or did poor Johnny and Venus have to work 24 hour shifts, 7 days aweek? Or maybe the station was only on 12 hours a day, or was automated part of the day?

If you have a week or so to read WKRP episode-by-episode, you will find your answers.

WKRP was never automated. IRRC, Venus got a job at an automated station for one episode, but hated it and was welcomed back.

Johnny handled the day shift and did some nights. Venus (of course) had a regular nighttime show. Jennifer had an advice show for one episode, and I think the director of programming (Andy?) filled in at times.
TANGENT: What did Andy do as programming director, anyway? It always seemed to me that Johnny and Venus had free rein over their set lists. What was left for the programming director to do???

Hold on there, cornflakes. I distinctly remember an episode where Andy was complaining to Johnny that he didn’t play the selections he wanted. I think Andy said something along the lines of, 'Please Johnny! Just one song, ONE song is all I ask."

He had a playlist.

As to why he didn’t say this to Venus? Well, Venus was black and Andy was from the south… You figure it out.

Actually, San thanks for the link, but I don’t have a week- I wanted to take the easy way out on the Straight Dope Message Board!

To add to the Venus joining the automated station, they wanted to hire him because he was black to fulfill affirmative action requirements, and Venus wanted nothing to do with that.

What did Andy do all day? I imagine fix his hair! :smiley:

You’re right, CnoteChris, I forgot! The other deejays were probably forgettable because they followed Andy’s format, but did any of them have a name???