Genocide deniers should be put on ignore

Mods, I think that genocide deniers should be put on my ignore list. That isn’t a problem except when one of them is a moderator. I would like to put a moderator whom I consider a genocide denier on my ignore list. Can it be arranged?

I don’t think the software permits it. But, I’m not the expert.

You are probably right that it does not support it.

It’s possible. An admin would have to check the box in vBulletin Options / User Profile Options at the bottom that says “Allow users to add Moderators and Administrators to their ignore list?”

The question is: does anyone think there’s a snowball’s chance in hell of that happening?

The software does permit it if you change the default settings but, yeah, the software as currently configured does not permit it.

Wait, we have a mod who’s a holocaust denier? Or what? I’d consider that far sooner a reason to sack the mod than to allow people to ignore mods and admins. Because, yanno, warning PMs need to get through.

…Oh. Wait.

…Yeaaaaah… How 'bout just “I don’t like this mod and want to ignore them”? In which case the precedence is pretty clear (and the same answer you’ll get at just about any other forum).

Right, because this thread is about a technical question. Uh, huh. :dubious:

I think it is fair to say that I consistently find this mod to be as intellectually dishonest as they come. Were it not for the genocide issue (not Holocaust) he is just like our conservative lawyer friend (CLF), but without mod capabilities. I find CLF to be instructive and entertaining, but he isn’t denying genocide either directly or by implication. Were this mod not a mod, I’d just place him on ignore, but I can’t do that.

He’s right half the time when he is modding. In the thread in question I think by the rules he correctly chastized me when moderating. But when somebody else in the thread said so and so people are like Nazis and you are like so and so people in a way that this board directly prohibits, the mods came up with silence when I called it into question. I didn’t see an alert button, so just put it in the thread. By this time I’m used to one sided modding and just take that as information. This isn’t about the modding. I’ve put one poster who his not a mod on ignore for genocide denial (again, in my judgment alone) but the mod is just as bad, if not worse in his capacity as a poster.

For what it is worth, a number of mods took great offense to what I said in the thread, and one gave me an official warning for calling a consistently racist baiter just that, and according to the rules, that is a correct decision. I called him a racist and that isn’t allowed.

ATMB : “For all questions, comments, and complaints about the SDMB. This is also the place for test threads.”

Hmm. Don’t see included there “For when mighty and extensive flailing in one Forum doesn’t get me what I want.”

Yeah, don’t think the checkbox that would need to be checked will be checked.

I, as a moderator, wish to put irrational dumbfucks on my ignore list. Am I able to do this. Just thought it made sense to ask this in this thread since it’s about the software and ignore lists.

E.g., testing one’s limits… :stuck_out_tongue:

Stop denying the Holocaust!

Given that the technical question has been answered, and that this otherwise seems to be a backhanded way to attack another poster, I’m going to close this. If you want to accuse another poster of being a genocide denier, take it to the Pit.