Invent a new hot dog style!

The other thread about hot dogs Chicago-Style has inspired me to think of new, absurdly clichéd styles to hide your sausage under a heap of condiments.
The only rule: A bun and a sausage must be part of it.
Italian style: Bun, sausage, a string of spaghetti, tomato sauce, grated parmesan. Dabs of basil pesto optional.

Hypocrite Dog: Sourdough bun, 1/4 lb. kosher doggy, 2 long strips of maple-cured bacon, walnut Dijon mustard.

Florida Dog: bun sandwiched between two hot dogs. Because everything is ass-backwards there!

Taco Dog: Hot dog with sliced avocado, pico de gayo, fresh lime juice, and hot sauce if desired.

Guacamole would work too, but I’ve done it with just sliced avocado and its awesome as an alternative to traditional style.

How about a barn mi hot dog? Pickled carrot, daikon radish, cilantro, cukes, a smear of liverwurst, jalapeños, onions, a dab of fish sauce, maybe a dab of mayo and/or lime. Damn. That actually sounds good to me. On a crusty bahn mi roll, of course. Might need to make it a double dog or a 1/4 pound hot dog,

Middle East Dog: Hebrew National all beef frank, foul, tahini, garlic mayo, pickled red onions, shreded lettuce all stuffed in a pita.

The Gino: Wrap Pepperoni/Salami/Cappicola and slices of provolone cheese around the hotdog so the cheese is on the inside. Put the wrapped hotdogs on a grill or in your toaster until the cheese is melted. Finely dice garlic and onion and sautee in butter, then pour over the bun and bake for a couple mins.
Avalable With or Without hot peppers.

The Stuffed Hotdog: You could take an apple peeler and hollow out the center of a hotdog, then fill it with cheese, veggies, another meat, or whatever you want.

Chocolate Covered Hotdog: I am sure there are people out there who would order it!

Lunch and Dessert: A hotdog dressed up like a banana split, with the hotdog replacing the banana.

Chien du Francais:

Hot dog with camembert, pickled shallots, and dijon mustard served on a croissant.

That actually sounds pretty good.

The ‘screw you Chicago’…

Plenty of ketchup and nothing else. :wink:

Der Kaiser hund:

Hot dog, topped with sliced butterkäse, braunschweiger, red onion, Dusseldorf mustard, served on a pretzel roll.

I would eat that!

The orgasm dog: A hot dog with mayo.

I’d like a hot dog with cole slaw on it like some burgers I’ve had

Soft serve dog. Take a plain hotdog on a bun, and run it under the soft-serve machine. Most college cafeterias have had soft serve machines for the past 30 years or so, so this is absolutely doable. Lunch and desert in one, when you’re late to your next class.

The LA dog: Whole grain bun and free range all beef tube steak with kimchi, pickled jalapenos, shredded Queso fresco, and a thin drizzle of teriyaki sauce. And a glass of Pinot Gris to wash it down.

The burger dog: make a long, skinny hamburger patty to replace the hotdog. Then garnish as you would your favorite burger. Optional: use meatloaf in place of hamburger.

The Scottish Terrier: A hot dog wrapped in an Abernethy biscuit topped with Haggis.

As long as “mayo” isn’t a euphemism.

This is what I came in to say. We had a ton of leftover homemade pico de gallo about a week ago and came up with this. Guacamole, Pico, and a little crumbled queso fresco… my husband named them Chihuahuas!

The Olympia dog; Beef frank, mustard mixed with tartar sauce, raw onions, pickle slices, and roasted cashews. Its vegan equivalent, the Evergreen dog, would use a tofu frank and soy-based mayo for the tartar sauce.

For those who’ve never been to Olympia,

The onions, pickle slices, and mustard tartar sauce (often called ‘goop’ or some variation thereupon) are a mainstay of all the mom-and-pop burger joints in town, and the cashews are a signature topping at several local pizzerias, and the Evergreen State College is hopelessly overrun by hippie vegans.