Hot Dog!

I prefer my hot dogs naked. Just an all beef tubesteak on a bun. I figure a good one doesn’t need anything else to make it good. Now, I realize I’m in the minority on this and that most people think a cooked hot dog on a bun is merely a blank canvas awaiting the proper application of an array of condiments to turn it into a gustatory work of art.

So, what do you like on your dogs? And for this, let’s not get into how you prefer them cooked, i.e. steamed, boiled, grilled, on a stick over a campfire, etc… Or the steamed, toasted, raw bun debate. Just the toppings and/or condiments.

Mustard

Onions

Relish

Cheddar cheese!

Exactly.

Not eaten while inside a bun if I can help it. But I want the mustard (different types in fact.) I also want a selection of different sausages, along with fried apples, boiled cabbage, and steins of beer.

Mustard and onions. Hold the relish unless we’re going all the way with tomatoes, sport peppers and celery salt.

Finely chopped raw onion, caramelized onion, mustard.

A combo I served to a friend who hadn’t had it before. He christened it a Rob Dog.

Creamed corn, carrots, and cabbage.

Not really. Ketchup. Heinz.

Mustard, sauerkraut and ketchup. Yeah, that’s right. Ketchup, bitches.

Sriracha and onions for me, no bun and cut into a stick man or octopus for my son.

Pretty much any which way, but often mustard alone is simply wonderful.
mmm

Mustard and chopped white onion. On a Nathan’s, please.

I like to mix it up. Sometimes I just want mustard and sweet relish. Other days I get crazy with chopped tomatoes, cheddar shreds, bacon, and a mix of mayo and barbecue sauce. Some days I just want one cold straight out of the fridge.

At a ball park - onions, mustard, relish

At home - onions, BBQ sauce and relish

On the road - what looks interesting? I’ll eat Sonoran dogs, Carolina dogs, all sorts of weird stuff. Just never a Chicago dog.

Mustard, onion, relish, sport peppers.

Sport peppers? I have never heard of sport peppers. I just Googled them, and I’d try them in a heartbeat, but we seem to have only hot pepper rings, or Jalapeños around these parts.

Nothin’. “Dry dogs”, as my wife calls them. If I wanted a bunch of condiments, I would be sucking on ketchup packets, but I wanted to taste a hot dog, and that’s all I require. Pretzel buns are nice, though.

What I find funny about it is that I like to buy nice, premium dogs, bun-length ones, for myself. My wife, on the other hand, likes the 99-cents-per-package “ghetto dogs”, which she then covers in other stuff to eat. She says mine are too “sausagey”. I guess that means “flavorful”.

I agree with the OP: make mine a Hebrew National on a bun, naked.

I also like them cut up in a big mess of baked beans.

Grilled, on a potato roll, miracle whip, and MY home made no bean chili, melted velveeta.

I like ketchup on my hot dogs, and I’m not afraid to admit it.

At the ballpark, I’ll often have ketchup and mustard. At home, I’ll often put some cheddar cheese along with my ketchup, and if we happen to have some cooked up, a slice of bacon.

Or, if I’m feeling particularly adventurous, I’ll smother it with chili, topped with cheese (no ketchup here)