New User Post in Marketplace

How do I start a new thread in the Marketplace message board? It says I do not have access to the page when I click the New Thread link/button at top of board. How can I gain privileges to post there?

You have to be a (paid) member.
Go to your User CP and near the bottom is a link to buy a membership.

And you’re also asking in the wrong place. This thread should be in About This Message Board, since it’s, well, about this message board.

Thank you!

Moderator Action

Moving thread from General Questions to About This Message Board.

As was already mentioned, posting in the marketplace is one of the benefits of becoming a paying member here. Guests do not have marketplace privileges.

Paying members also do not see advertisements on the message board.

If you want to become a paying member here, go to your user control panel (UserCP on the upper left part of the screen), then scroll down to the bottom and look for Paid Subscriptions on the lower left. You can then use the drop down menu to select either a 1 year or a 2 year subscription. Paying members can also have a custom title added under their name (for an additional fee), so there’s a drop down menu to add that as well.

Why does it ask how I’d like to pay? It only provides PayPal option. Though when I go to pay it asks if I’d like to use credit/debit card or PayPal or PayPal credit… I do not enjoy using PayPal, but I wish to subscribe. Please help.

If you’re in the US, there should be an option to use a credit card without a PayPal account.

There should be an option to pay without using PayPal, but from what I hear they keep moving it around and making it harder to find.

Also, we’ve had a lot of reports of some users only getting the PayPal option on some browsers and not on others, and all kinds of weird things like that.

This thread from earlier this year may have some info that will help you:
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=756196