Walking Dead comics vs. show (OPEN SPOILERS)

I’ve watched the show since the beginning and am a fan. Had never read the comics until the last couple of weeks and binged read all 150 issues. While the show runners have taken liberties with characters from the comics, generally the over-arching plot from the show has followed the comics. The previews of the show’s upcoming half season introduces Negan, so we know that’s coming. And casting has confirmed that Jesus is coming.

1. After all of the hoopla over whether Glenn survived the fall from the dumpster with Nicholas, do you think they will follow through with Glenn’s demise via Negan?

2. It’s right after the attempted escape via the zombie herd in Alexandria (the point where we are in the show run) that Carl get’s shot in the face. Do you think this be picked up in the show?

I find it interesting in some sort of alternative universe way that:

Rick is missing a hand;
Rick is quasi married to Andrea;
Carol committed suicide via walker at the prison;
and Sophia is still living as Maggie’s daughter.

Personally, I don’t think they will. He will kill someone, but I doubt it will be Glenn. Maybe Father Gabriel or someone else.

That is too much to hope for. :dubious:

Yeah, though I was trying to think of a bigger character they would be willing to kill. I’m not sure.

I feel like Glenn, Rick, Daryl, Carol, Carl, and Michonne are going to keep on leaving.

Maybe Maggie? That would connect to Glenn and be really tragic.

Or Morgan. That would kind of make sense as a kill as well.

No & no.

As for who Negan will kill, I have a bad feeling about Abe. Wish I didn’t, because I like Abe, but that’s my guess.

It’ll be Abe. He’ll be fridged in order to further Sasha’s character

I do think pirate Carl will happen.

What about the Mullett? He’s mainly comic relief, and it’s not a very funny world they live in.

Tara or Rosita? Other than one being a lesbian, they’re pretty interchangeable and therefore either one is redundant.

I assume all the remaining Alexandrians are already on borrowed time and will be zombie chow sooner than later.

Father Gabriel and Morgan are Black…

I think you are right. In the comics, Abraham, dies at the hand of Dwight, one of Negan’s lieutenants. So this follows, similarly.

I doubt Carl with get shot in the face, or indeed, Rick will lose a hand… It’s the practicality of a TV show to remove such things, would be a lot of effort on makeup and effects added…

But I do not give much hope for Negan. The show Governor was a kitten compared to comic version…

Well…Chandler is going to have to spend extra time in the make-up chair for the remainder of the show.

Girls like eye patches.

After watching Knots Untie, I agree.

Final predictions for what happens with Negan tonight?

I predict:

1. Maggie dies in front of Glenn, losing baby along the way.

2. Negan swings, but they cut to black to hide who dies until next year. Lame.

I don’t believe they would beat a woman to death on television.
I’ll go with number two, though. Truly lame.

I thought it would be one swing and he head is clean taken off.

And we have a winner! Good call.

:slight_smile:

The man won the thread.

If you have seen the previews for the upcoming season 7 preview, it looks like Rick is going to lose a hand.

ETA: in the comics he loses it to the Governor. Looks like Negan takes it in the show.