Welcome to our new forum and our new moderator!

I’m very pleased to open this new forum to our Teeming Millions and I hope you all are gentle with Ukulele Ike, our newest member of the Straight Dope staff.

Enjoy!

your humble TubaDiva
Administrator

Oh great, just great just what I need another forum to waste my time being unproductive at work…WOOHOO thanks
and congrats to Ukulele Ike :slight_smile:

Woo! A shiny new forum! Thanks guys. Congratulations, Ike!

Euty, you will be missed in MPSIMS. Don’t be a stranger! :slight_smile:

So, are there like, rules, and stuff? Expectations? Can we belch? How about farting? Just what the heck are we dooooin’ in here?

Is it a cafe like with one of those little ’ things over the e, where you have to hold up your pinkie while you drink from an itty bitty little cup, or one of those cafes where the window frames are chrome, the floors vinyl, and the guy behind the counter hasn’t shaved in a week?

I just wanna know how to act, ya know.

Tris

“He deserves Paradise who makes his companions laugh.” ~ Koran

Congrats, Ike! And thanks to the SDMB for the new forum!

-j

Yup. No graffiti in the books, down in front, no cameras in the museum and be quiet when I’m tryin’ to hear the Vivaldi.

Actually, those little tiny cups are filled with 151-proof Navy Rum. Livens up the discussion, doan chew know.

You still have to drink from them pinkie-up, though.

Would it be possible to change “Moderator” to “Usher”?

-j

I’m not quite sure why we need this in addition to IMHO, but whatever. It certainly was strange to come to the old familiar MB homepage and see some strange new forum. Especially since it’s no longer in alphabetical order. Any reason for putting it between Great Debates and IMHO?

'Bout time we had a Firesign fan amongst the mods. :slight_smile:

Congrats, Uke!

Congrats, Ukeybaby.

There are too many damn posts in this forum already, and I’m not going to read them all to see if someone already mentioned this, so forgive me if this has been brought up already…

Anybody notice that the latest two moderators, Uke & DrMatrix, are both from (as Uke would say) Noo Yawkers?

Woo-hoo! The power shifts in our favor.

Cool…instead of having pieces of my novel ignored in MPSIMS, I can have 'em ignored here.

So, Ike, you gonna go with Moderator Hats, Moderator Watches, or Moderator Jockstraps?

It would have to be moderator smocks, then, wouldn’t it?

I really like this idea. I will be a frequent visitor.

most interesting. congrats to ukulele ike.

Welcome aboard Ukulele Ike

What a nice shiny new forum.

I see you have moved some threads from other forums to here.

I’ve seen some very creative writing in Great Debates you might be interested in. Look for the thread about Apollo photos. :smiley:

Oh my, what a cosy little spot this is, and I absolutely adore the tableclothes! And that cute waiter with zee french accent, I’m loving it so far…

It may take awhile, but I’m going to transfer the 730 threads involving Star Wars vs. Star Trek, the 1300 threads starting Which (fill in the fantasy series) chick would you do?, and the 4000 (fill in hack band) Rulz! threads to this forum as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

whistles You go right on pushing that rock up that hill.
But this is neat. I never would have thought that this is the one you would choose.

Um – maybe we need a warning about not parachuting into this thread.

What about the 1,759,542 “A great name for a band” threads?

And I’m going to be spending a lot of time in this cafe with my two Andrew loves–Lloyd Webber and Vachss.

Congrats, Uke! I’m sure you’ll be an awesome mod.

[sub]Pssst…Just in case you ain’t, though, I’ve got these unreleased photos of you and Nacho4Sara at the NYC Dopefest. So stay on my good, side. Cool?[/sub]