2010 Masters Pool

I prefer “phungi opted for actuarial decision making”

smile Ok, I will call it that.

They just said that over the last 12 years Mick finished out of the top 12 only once. So despite the low-ish odds, looks like he is pretty sure money.
Kicking myself for not putting anything on Watney…

Latest News From Masters:

TIGER MAKES HIS 4 FOOT PAR PUTT!!!

btw Watson, Mickelson lead

Round 1 scores:

ShibbOleth 644
phungi 504
Dinsdale 488
Gray Ghost 480
drm 466
NFM 264
peekercpa 40
Lamar Mundane 0
As a group, we left a lot of money on the table. No one picked Couples or Watson.
Please let me know if you think I made an error with the scores.

I think mine is correct.

Wow, how’d that happen? I thought that the guys I’d picked were suckin’ it. Now I need to go check results somewhere.

You picked “KC Choi” for $10. I gave you KJ Choi at 66-1 and he was T2 after yesterdays round. 2nd place = 90% return * $10 * 66 = 594.

Plus you you got a 40% return on your $25 bet on Tiger at 5/1. $25*40%*5 = $50

Just thought I’d post the top of the leaderboard following rd 1.
The number in parens represents the number of people with money on a particular player.

Looks like Boom boom has already added another stroke to his lead.

1 Couples -6
2 Choi -5 (1)
Mick -5 (3)
Watson -5
Westwood -5 (3)
Yang -5
7 Barnes -4
Kim -4 (2)
Poulter -4 (2)
Schwartzel -4
Watney -4
Woods -4 (6)

13 Schwartzel -3 (1)
Scott -3
Toms -3
Immelman -3
17 Kuchar -2
Molinari -2 (1)
Kjeldsen -2
Ikeda -2 (1)
Johnson -2 (1)

It was sort of a rhetorical question, but thanks for the breakdown. Can I cash that out now or do I need to keep playing?

I dunno - KJ could easily stick near the top of the leader board, and those odds will continue to pay off for you. And Zach Johnson might give you some return.

Anyone in the top 10 at this point can likely stay there with 3 more rounds of around par.

Me, I’ve got 3 in scoring position - Tiger,Mick, Westwood - but they are all paying short odds.

It looks like conditions are much tougher today. No one is going deep today. Ricky Barnes and Kenny Perry are the best scores at -2. Poulter, Kjedlson and O’Hair is one under.

Anyone taken a close look at Soren Kjeldson? He looks like he should be making toys for Santa at the North Pole.

I see that Thongchai withdrew… how does that work with Mickelson?

Interesting question. If you get $10 on Mick, we might as well call it right now.

Not much movement among those in scoring position. Zack dropped a tad, and Els, O’Hair, and Mahan might be moving into top 10 contention.

What the HELL happened to Sandy Lyle today?! :eek: That’s gotta be close to a record for biggest gap between 2 rounds, or biggest drop after round 1.

How’d I miss that Ian Poulter is gonna mix things up a bit!

What’s he wearing today? Yesterday I thought his shoes clashed with the rest of his ensemble!

Just finished up all the work I need to send out this week and don’t really feel like starting anything new.

As of now the only guys in scoring position are:
Woods
Mick
Westwood
Kim
Poulter
and Choi

Possibles still on the course are Mahan and Els.

8 out of the 31 golfers picked. The same number as chosen golfers predicted to miss the cut!

Guys - allow me to be the first to observe that we pretty much suck at picking winners here! :stuck_out_tongue:

I wanted to pick an alternate just in case one your players WD before the tournament started and you weren’t able to make a replacement pick at the last minute. And it works against me too as I had Thongchai.

Anyways here are the Round 2 (only) results:

Gray Ghost 800
ShibbOleth 628
phungi 734
drm 692
Dinsdale 536
NFM 660
peekercpa 80
Lamar Mundane 0

Here are cumulative results:

Gray Ghost 1280
ShibbOleth 1272
phungi 1238
drm 1158
Dinsdale 1024
NFM 924
peekercpa 120
Lamar Mundane 0

Fairly Close, at least amongst the top 6.

I picked Bill Haas (200/1) and he is T12 right now. I figured Daddy (Jay Haas) and his Great Uncle Bob Goalby (1968 Masters Champ) would give him some pointers on playing the course. If he can sneak into the top 10, that will be some big buck for me.

durn, i am dominating this about as much as i do the thursday night dope poker get together.

hey, lamar, play poker?

Round 3 results, by themselves:

peekercpa 740
ShibbOleth 628
phungi 587
Dinsdale 548
Gray Ghost 545
drm 401
NFM 330
Lamar Mundane 0

Standings including all rounds:

ShibbOleth 1900
Gray Ghost 1825
phungi 1825
Dinsdale 1572
drm 1559
NFM 1254
peekercpa 860
Lamar Mundane 0
Wow, only $75 separates the top 3 players, I think that is really close.

Round 4 counts double so I think anyone in the top 6 can win it. I need Bill Haas to have a good round for me to win. Peeker might behind the 8-ball because he is relying on Mahan, who I also have.

Sorry, LamarMundane, I think you are out of it.