All these years, I've been crapping the wrong way!

I guess I need one of these. :rolleyes:

• s.e. :smiley:

Linkie no workie.

Hey, it was a poop thread. I had to click into it…!

Oops

Click here.

Sorry.

Minor coding error. Try this.

This is the second non-working link I’ve fixed today. Do I get a service medal?

http://www.naturesplatform.com/all_products.html

I don’t like it. My weak knees would give out

Thank heavens for the picture with the person on it. Otherwise, I would have thought you’d just sit regularly on it, and that just didn’t make sense.

Endorsed by yoga instructors?

Whatever…

Max Torque for fixing the link you get my undying love and devotion…at least for the next 5 minutes or so. :wink:

Hey! I fixed it too!

i thought that “nature’s curtain” was rather interesting…

some time back someone posted about their Asian dormmate that would shit all over the toilet because she stood on the seat.

somebody needs to send this to her. lol

What do you do with your pants? How do you mount/dismount with your pants around your ankles? Are you supposed to stand to buckle up? What if you ate something that declared war on your colon? Will bad things happen without the seal between seat and bottom? What if you had to do #1 and #2? Can you imagine what the arguements about lowering the seat would become? “You forgot to remove Nature’s platform again, honey!”

I think I will stick to the more regal sitting on my throne…

:slight_smile:

Arwen’s right, guys… too many questions to be answered about the usage of this thing. I’ll just stick to the tried-and-true method, thank you very much!

Oh, and scott evil… I’d offer you my undying love and devotion for the next 5 minutes or so, but I can see problems with that since I’m a straight girl and you’re a gay guy. ;p So how’s about I offer you my support for the next 5 minutes?

Yeah, but you didn’t ask for undying love.

I’ll give you 5 minutes…

Arwen’s right, guys… too many questions to be answered about the usage of this thing. I’ll just stick to the tried-and-true method, thank you very much!

Oh, and scott evil… I’d offer you my undying love and devotion for the next 5 minutes or so, but I can see problems with that since I’m a straight girl and you’re a gay guy. ;p So how’s about I offer you my support for the next 5 minutes?

I read a very interesting book called The Bathroom. It is sort of a combination history of bathrooms and a new vision for the bathroom future. It recommended a pooping position similar to the one linked to above, although the fixture was different. The fixture was basically egg-shaped, and you had to fit yourself into it somehow. And you had to disrobe.

Frankly, if I had to take off my clothes and wedge myself into an egg every time I had to drop a log, I would just stop pooping altogether.

Oh, gosh! Now I’m confused! The person in the picture was wearing pants. I really have been pooping wrong all these years!!!

Footmarks on western style toilets are quite common here. That squatting posture is the one people use in most parts of the world, and having used it myself on plenty of occasions, I can confirm that it does work a lot better. Things … how can I put it? … come out more easily, quickly and completely.

However, the toilets in these places are at ground level. You roll pants up to the knees and pull them down, squat, and get on with it. (I’ll spare you details on what to do when there’s no toilet tissue). But I can’t imagine how I’d climb up onto that thing in the ad.

Please fight my ignorance!

In my travels in Italy, I saw a number of public restrooms that had toilets like that - footgrips on either side, hole in the floor. Pull your pants around your knees or ankles, bunch them together with your hands if you’re worried, and go. These weren’t all in tiny towns in the middle of nowhere, either.

y’know, I’ve got a theory about this.

I’ve noticed how people who come from cultures where they use the squat’n’shit method (India, China, Vietnam etc) are often very comfortable squatting without putting their bottom on the floor. They can hold this position for quite long periods without any noticeable strain.

Western people, on the other hand, could not hold this position for very long without getting tired.

So whatever muscles are used in squatting are better developed in people who have spent their whole life shitting in this way.

Maybe we are witnessing some kind of evolutionary change going on. Maybe soon, western kids will be born with this different muscle structure. If this is so then that’s quite weird.

Toilets are only 150 years old but already they may be triggering off evolutionary change. And they are a man-made item as well.

Wow, they have a FAQ .

From the endorsement page:

I can’t imagine trying to use it while drunk.