An idea to resolve homelessness in the u.s.

Some guys were once paying homeless men to fight each other on video, but that was just to make a buck, not to give them a home.

the imagination could also lie in the myriad of torture techniques implemented in a “Master Document on Torture of the Unrepentant Homeless”. each homeless case would need to be thoroughly analyzed and evaluated for an appropriate application of torture. then a professional torturer would be assigned to the case to engage in a customized Torture Plan. each torturer would have a specified number of homeless cases on their case load, depending on a variety of factors. and of course, each torturer would enjoy a luxurious compensation package – including but not limited to full comprehensive medical care (dental and vision plans included), a very generous pay allowance with ability to accept tips from online observers of the Torture Sessions to encourage especially nasty torturing (so long as they stay within the perimeters of the cutomized Torture Plan), 30 paid vacation days per year, tax deductions, reasonable provision of requested Torture Tools, etc.

now i guess it would be considered cruel to not give the homeless case a chance to repent for their transgression against society, so in general there would be an assignment of a cut-off date to end the torture and allow the homeless case a 2 month extension to obtain self-supportive income. however, they would have to be ‘thrown into the wild’ so to speak and left to their own devices in order to figure out how to get by.

if they fail to do this, euthanasia would be automatically initiated against the offender in the form of being chained to a concrete floor along with other cases that signed up for the euthanasia program (by their failure to comply with society rules - to clarify, their failure to obtain self-supportive income within 2 months from their release from U.S. Torture Department custody). this transfer of custody would place the homeless case in the custody of the U.S. Euthanasia Department whom would delegate responsibility for administering death to unrepentant homeless torture cases to their Division 2 branch.

Of course, the Division 2 branch would have to be especially entertaining for online observers as it would entail filling up a concrete slab with the unrepentant homeless cases in the aerially recognized shape of a rotating pentagram. the concrete slab would be connected to an underground device that rotates at varying speeds and also lifts up and down and side to side like a carnival ride for the amusement of the audience. after the last participant is attached to the slab to complete the pentagram, a fire would erupt from the slab via modified lines parallel to the participants (far enough away to not seriously injure them) while church bells are rang and booming bass erupts forth from massive subwoofers.

eventually all participants would die from heat exhaustion and dehydration primarily.

Bum Fights. Turns out bums aren’t much, gladiator-wise.

Capitalization is present, though sporadic and often seemingly random.

Yes, it is a melancholy object to those who walk through this great town or travel in the country, when they see the streets, the roads, and cabin doors, crowded with beggars of the female sex, followed by three, four, or six children, all in rags and importuning every passenger for an alms…

At least lets have some laughs over that suggestion

In another time and place he would have been called prophet

You know, so long as there’s a reasonable time frame for this, it would make the lives of a lot of immigrants a lot better. I’m all in favor!

i think this has been tried before.

never seems to work out.

now generations down the line and they are still crying about their “reparations”

I know this isn’t GD but I don’t really see homelessness as a solvable problem, because I see it as an inevitability for any free, prosperous democracy. IOW there will always be a small percentage of people who simply don’t want to do anything beyond getting drunk/high. A certain amount of homeless are people who are mentally ill or decent people who’ve fallen on hard times or bad luck, and there are programs in place to help them. But the vast majority are just, ya know, what we called them in the pre-politically correct days: bums.

I guarantee you that even in the utopian future of Star Trek there would still be bums. They’d just be in holodecks 24/7 instead of crack houses!

what is old is new again :stuck_out_tongue:

Do it now and in 100 yrs they can bitch again. We need a better result now for our first quarter numbers…chop chop! :):eek::smack:

If you think you can sell this, you should make it your platform and run for office.
Please tell us how that works out too.

If you can’t get them to work they won’t be in shape to put on a good fight.
And the next obvious solution is to feed them to lions. But the problem there is most of the homeless have drug and alcohol addictions so it would be animal cruelty to use them as lion feed.
I suppose if we had robot lions…

Two words: Hunger Games.

This is so inefficient. Here’s the plan:
1 Make feeding the homeless a crime punishable by death. The homeless will starve in a few months, and bleeding hearts will follow shortly.
2. Make losing your job punishable by death.

I believe that solves all our problems.

“I’m not saying do it, I’m just saying run it through the computer and see if it would work.”

Oh sure, the opening rounds will be bad. But we’ll have weeded out all the bad fighters by the time we get to the main events.