Anyone think OJ is not a killer?

Haven’t you ever heard of a murder committed for revenge?

OJ really showed that druggie, drunken, white slut of a bitch, didn’t he?

White female, 62 – guilty.

I think he got off in the criminal trial because the jury was confused about “reasonable” doubt. That damn glove. And a bungled prosecution.

White male, 32. Guilty as hell.

I believe that most of the jurors have said they regretted their decision to acquit, mostly based on things they learned after the trial that were not admitted as evidence.

It doesn’t make sense for someone who has no money, popularity, or celebrity to commit a risky murder that brings no tangible benefit to himself, either. Money isn’t a talisman against crazy.

South Asian female, 23, guilty.

It came at the wrong time (post Rodney King), plus bad prosecution/good defense.

29 white female

Ok, my memory’s a little rusty since this was so long ago and I was in high school. But…didn’t they basically air every minute of the trial? I remember the issue was that it was such a media circus with the entire trial open to the press/cameras. If I remember correctly, they could have given the thing it’s own TV Station and it would have never been lacking material.

White, female, 46. Guilty.

And I wanted to smack the prosecution upside their collective heads for that one.

White male, 48. I’m with missbunny. And I’m proud to say it!

White female 39–Guilty

Well, they agreed that they couldn’t find him guilty based on the evidence that they had, which is not the same as ‘innocent’. They could still think he had done it but not be sure that the prosecution had proven that beyond a reasonable doubt.

Female. White. 39. Guilty.

Yup. This is the trial that made CourtTV a household name. Every day they showed the proceedings and every night was a recap. The networks put their talking heads on to blather about what was right and what was wrong with both sides of the case. Talk radio was practically all OJ all the time.

The reason I am asking this is that a friend of mine said that he doesn’t think anyone today believes OJ is innocent. I remember a survey from a couple years ago stated that overall about 75% of people thought he was guilty but that only a quarter of blacks thought he was guilty. I wanted to see what the intelligent people of this board thought. I realize it is not a scientific poll but I figure it would be food for thought.

Yep. The public actually knew more about the crime than the jurors (well, unless they were learning about it from the Weekly World News).

And jealousy’s a bitch. What positive, tangible benefits could killing an ex-wife or girlfriend ever bring any man? Yet it happens all the time. As for having money, success, popularity, etc., sometimes those get trotted out in rape cases (‘Why would he need to rape anyone? He’s rich and handsome!’). People are crazy.

I wasn’t going to answer, but since you are specifically asking for minorities:

Female.
E. Indian.

And yes, he was guilty. The jury didn’t find him innocent, they found him not guilty, which isn’t the same thing. The prosecution didn’t present their evidence well enough IMO to remove all doubt.

WM, 34, guilty but framed. I think he did it, but the cops, just in case they couldn’t make the case, ALSO planted evidence.

Joe

Thanks. I was hoping for everyone to answer but it’s really important to see how it breaks down along racial lines.

White male, 53, guilty. Not me, him.

21 year old white male. Guilty.

White female, 38, six kinds o’guilty

White, female, 51

I think he’s guilty. However, I feel worse about the innocent people who are doing life (or death) than I do about OJ walking free. It’s a flawed system, but if I had to pick a piece to fix, I’d much rather see the true innocents get on with their lives.

27 Asian Male. I think the jury rendered the correct verdict, however I personally feel he is guilty.

No prosecution can remove all doubt. If a clutch of nuns witnessed the crime in broad daylight and caught it on tape, defense lawyers could say the sun was in their eyes and the tape could have been tampered with.