April Foolishness Haggle. [Game in progress]

Yes, that’s pretty much it. The first two rule sets we played, the rule slips clearly mentioned points, while the 3rd, the dragon’s hoard, mostly described the relative value of different items - a silver is worth the same as two copper, a precious gem is worth 3 gold, and so on. For the final scoring there, I assigned the least valueable item, the copper piece, a score of 1, and scored everything else on that basis.

There are specific ways in which you cannot trade on rule information that you’ve acquired, based on whether you actually have the rule slip in your posession. If some other player showed you the slip as part of a trade, or you already sold the slip to somebody else as part of a trade, then you know the rule, but cannot trade it away. This is an important rule of trading and the one that most often causes trouble. :slight_smile:

Basically right. The rules let you know the relative value of the items so the more rules you have the better you know the value of your items.

Naf, you forgot the;

And then Meeko comes along and starts making incredible outside of the box trades with people such that he keeps everyone else confused.

:eek:
And Yes Chrisk, You know the type of player I am. Again, if I am not told that I can’t do something, I will probably get around to doing it, sooner or later.

Meeko Offer #0

Chrisk - Looks at any of your rules that are numbered Zero, or LESS for 0 of my copper.

You guys knew this was coming.

For the noobs; This is how I roll.

Withdraw Meeko #0

But…

damn, too slow.:frowning:

I see.

So I can only trade the initial rules I’m given? Any rules I’ve gained through trade are not like objects…I can’t trade them even though I know them.

Right?

I’m looking forward to this, by they way.

Your question gets at “Look” Vs. “Scroll” ((As it was in Dragons Hoard))

Depending on if you simply look at, or are told information, you can not trade it, except as hearsay.

If you ask for, and receive the ACTUAL slip in a trade, then you could trade it later.
The words you use can box you in. Fair Warning.

I could have sworn I played in two of these games but looking through your links I only see me in one of them. Am I going nuts or are you missing a game. For the record I thought I played in a Christmas themed one. Maybe I just read it so much I felt like I played.

By the way a word to the wise if Meeko offers you a trade no matter how great it seems unless you have read every rule ignore him. :slight_smile:

Naf, did you want to make a counter offer? :smiley:
Pretty soon, we won’t need ChrisK at all for our haggle games.

Soon after that I could be playing with myself.

That didn’t come out right. :o Nevermind.

Meeko Offer 0.1

For Oredigger77 Only:

8 Sour grapes for 4 of your copper?

Come on Chris, you know how I am, I get in deep in this game, and deeper still into the minds of the players.

-Meeko

Who may, or may not, be totally talking out of his ass at this point. :smiley:

Sure.

NAF offer 0: ___________________________

If you give me 10% of your final total I will fill in the gap above with real words that will work to your advantage.

:eek::eek::eek:

I like the cut of your jib fine sir! Well played.

Oh boy. I guess I have to do the next two things

Reject NAF offer 0

I Withdraw Meeko Offer 0 and Meeko offer 0.1

Gotta warm up you know.

YES.

I was so excited this morning to get a PM from Chrisk about haggle. But instead of my items all I got was an invite to play. Oh well, at least this gives me more time to dream of my domination of all others.

Count me in, ha, ha, haaaaaa!!

I guess this means I can stop lurking over here.

<Burns> Eeexcelllllent </Burns>

Whoops - I meant to take you off once I confirmed that you’d already signed up.

Hope I won’t be making this many silly mistakes once play starts!
ETA: And welcome to the game US