Biggest Oscar Snub Ever: "Machete"

I’m surprised no one mentioned machete’s cameo appearance in 127 Hours. A cut above all the rest!

I didn’t read this post, but I’m sure you must have left out Machete vs Aliens, wherein Machete rescues a naked and pulsating Sigourney Weaver.

This will be the second movie I buy on Blu-Ray.

I think maybe Machete’ would have worked even better as a musical, perhaps with a school age cast and a troupe of dancing “pooches”…

In French…

But even without that its surely got to be be one of the greatest movies of all time.

Makes Gone with the Wind look like a straight to DVD.

This was as far as you needed to go. You had me at “machete.”

Alba was the only thing in the movie I didn’t like.

:eek:

WAAAAHHHHH???

:confused:

but… but… did you not SEE the shower scene?

You definitely wouldn’t have liked the original cut then - Alba played twin sisters.

Bitch!

Twin lesbian sisters. If you catch my drift.

Aye, that is what I call commitment to your art. Shame on the Academy!

And an unparalleled argument for springing the extra dough for Extended Version discs with deleted/alternate scenes.

I liked the director’s commentary, where they talked about how they edited the movie with a machete, rather than modern computer equipment. Director’s cut, indeed!

I loved how it extended Chekhovs gun, to Chekhovs bottle opener, intestines, etc.

TVtropes has it listed as ‘Checkhovs guts’.

Very well played, sir. <golf clap>

I just saw this movie and it is easily the greatest movie I’ve ever seen.

One of the many great characters was the Hungarian bodyguard.

“You ever think how it’s weird that if a Mexican shows up with gardening tools and say he’s the gardener we just let him in? We don’t even ask questions…”
And I’m not even kidding, but Machete had probably one of the most realistic fight scenes ever:

Machete catches bodyguard. Bodyguard says, “Fuck this, I quit. Here (hands him the gun”

I know that’s what I would do.

I just watched it tonight too, and I loved it!

I’ve heard that there’s a director’s cut coming out later this year with even more violence and hopefully even more boobs!