Commercials that we can go ahead and retire from television...

:eek:

Let me give a coherent response.

Ok, I’ll try again.

Oh, golly, the diamond ads. There’s the one where the couple is in the middle of some crowded plaza that I think is supposed to be in Italy or something, where he yells “I love this woman!” and then gives her a diamond ring because she shuts him up.
I told DogDad I’d much rather have him shrieking “I love this woman!” in a crowded plaza instead of him blowing thousands of bucks on diamonds, of all things. And, in fact, if he did blow thousands on a damn ring, I certainly wouldn’t be muttering, “I love this man, I love this man” - I’d be shrieking, “ARE YOU CRAZY? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING???”

Oh, and those BK “Wake up with the King” ads. They’re just tooooooo creepy for words.

That commercial with “The Regulars.” It’s for some kind of bowel aid – a laxitive or fiber suppliment or something like that. I’ve never noticed what, exactly, they’re selling because the commercial is just so damn creepy. Three guys who walk into the crappers in perfect unison, every day? What, are these guys Stormtrooper clones or something? Is this the locker room on the Death Star?

There’s one for some sports drink that’s kind of like the Kansas SUV ad in the OP, where various athletes are suddenly turning into something like charcoal, falling, and then breaking into a billion pieces when they hit the ground.

W. T. F?!?!

Excuse me while I try to get rid of my sudden horror-movie memories with a nice long sitdown under the blankets…

Any ads which have as their main message “All manufacturers of this product are a bunch of lying, cheating money-grubbing bastards. Oh, except us. We’re okay. Honest.” Cell phones, for example.

“Don’t you hate it when feminine problems start out as one problem and becomes two? Like feminine itch and odor?”

I hate it when people talk on public television about disgusting skeevy problems that women have, we all know it, but there is no, NO, justification for saying the words “Feminine Itch And Odor” on television.
I have to concur with the other diamond ads posts. But the absolute worse one is for American Express or Visa or Mastercard or whatever, where the customer service people are talking about their “most awesome personal customer stories of happiness”.
One girl is like “Oh, this is the best one. A guy wanted to buy his girlfriend an engagement ring, but he had a little trouble.” Sales lady at jewelry store comes back with declined credit card. “She told him to call American Express.”
What a fantastic woman. You maxed out your credit card already and can’t afford to buy me my giant diamond engagement ring? Why don’t you sign up for another credit card, you asshole? Am I not worth it? Huh? Huh?
-foxy

[QUOTE=ladyfoxfyreYou maxed out your credit card already and can’t afford to buy me my giant diamond engagement ring? [/QUOTE]

I think the “she” is referring to the saleslady, not the girlfriend.

No, watch the commercial. The American Express girl refers to the girlfriend.

Husband: “Honey, do you like it?”
Wife: “I love it, it’s beautiful.”
Sales Lady: “I’m sorry, there must be a problem.” She turns away.
Wife gives husband that-knowing-look…
American Express girl: “She suggested he call American Express.”

It seems pretty obvious that the implication was “Honey, this ring is so beautiful, why are you such a cheap son-of-a-bitch that you can’t sign up for another credit card?”

-foxy

“Lost another loan to Ditech!”
Make. It. STOP. Please.

I’d love to see a commercial set in the locker room on the Death Star.

Some local Austin businesses seem to share the same ad agency, in that they have horrible radio and TV ads with cheesy jingles. All of these need to stop.

Hmmmm. Are you sure you’re wearing them right-side-up?

I’m sorry, that was terrible.

I am filled with shame.

Ah. Well, I admit I’ve never seen the commercial. Your second description sounds like you’re more than likely right.

PLEASE!

Isn’t it bad enough I have to watch commercials on it? Now I have to hear bad jokes, too. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

I am absolutely anal about hitting the mute button during all commercials. So while I’ve seen this inane commercial, I’ve never heard it.

They actually play “Dust in the Wind”?!?!?!? :eek: To advertise a friggin’ car?!?!?! There really is absolutely nothing sacred to Madison Avenue. And before anyone asks, I’m not suggesting that that song is literally sacred, but if you actually listen to the lyrics, it’s really not appropriate to advertise cars, is it?

My nomination: Those idiotic beer commercials where the new bride confesses to new husband that she’s been around (or something like that, I only unmuted this one once). The husband doesn’t care, no big deal. But then the wife doesn’t like the same beer he does?!? Now THAT’S grounds for divorce!!

Holy cripes, how disgustingly insulting can they sink? Why on Earth would anyone want to buy a product that treats its consumers that way? (Yes, I know it’s supposed to be funny, but it’s not, it’s just insulting in the extreme).

AMEN!

Although I have to admit I don’t hate him as much as I used to. He annoys my wife so badly that she’s taken to making fun of him in a new and different way everytime he comes on, and I’m so amused that I can’t wholeheartedly wish for him to disappear anymore.

I have to admit the BK commercials amuse me. The Geiko ones used to, but that’s gotten very old.

The McDonald’s “I’m Lovin’ It” campaign should have been killed before it ever hit the airwaves. There isn’t anyone on the planet who doesn’t know what McDonald’s is – trying to be “hip” is just irritating. Just show me a few pictures of your stupid sandwiches and fries, and if the mood strikes me, I’ll go get it.

I’m also very, very tired of the Cingular(?) guy in the trench coat who goes around educating people around the country. At least the “Can you hear me now?” campaign has the nerve to be overtly annoying.

Sprint. And yeah, he’s annoying too.

-foxy

All of those commercials that invite you to call an 800 number and Order Right Now to get their crappy product.

Ew. I don’t like him at all. I likes some fat and some chest hair on my men. It’s OK if you have no chest hair and no visible muscles, and only slightly less OK if you have visible muscles and chest hair, but visible muscles and no chest hair- ick.

I don’t ever want to see that AFLAC duck again unless he is crispy, with orange sauce on him.

SPRINT! Right! Goes to show how effective their commercials are with me…

Oh yeah, and the Verizon “Can you hear me now?” guy needs to go.

Carrot Top and his collect call commercials are past their time.

The Axe/Tag body spray commercials. As an aside, we took a poll in my sex ed class this past spring. Something like a 150 girls in this class. When asked about their favorite colognes men wear not ONE said Axe. Very Sexy by Victoria’s Secret was loudly agreed upon.

Campy Old Navy commercials suck too.