DopeStock '04

(Kirk Voice)

Control. Yourself… Lieutenant!

I will be the one who… Yaaaaaays… if there is to be any… of this … so-called… Yaaaaaaying… to be, uh…done?

ahem

YAYYY****!

ahem

I trust, this… YAY… will be… sufficient, Lieutenant Torie?

And please do not call me “Captian”! I get enough of that from Chekov with his incessant “Keptin!”!

Besides… I dislike the Captians immensely! (Keep that out of the Log please, Computer!).

They never obey the Prime Barbecue Directive: MARINATE!

You have the con, Lieutenant. Carry on.

(Kirk out)

Damn! That was a bear to code! Y’all better show up for this picnic if for no other reason than to see if I’m still in possession of most of my faculties! :smiley:

… and wondering if your ol’ pal Quasi has flipped… Rest assured I flipped a long time ago!:smiley:

Me and my friend Torie have concluded that I look like Bill Shatner, hence the reason for the previous satirical post.

Personally, I think I look more like John Denver (pre-plane crash) or John Lennon (pre-bullet), or even Elton John (pre-whatever!:D)

Torie, hon: If I look like Shatner, which Shatner is it?

Please don’t say it’s that fat-ass Priceline-one?

I wanna be the Admiral one, if I could, please? :wink:

Plus, I have all my own hair!

(…“And my teeth are my own, but everything else is on permanent loan! I’m on a (what?)…”

Just checkin’ to see if my Ray Davies friends are here tonight?

Q

Ok Bruce whilst leaving hubby’s a while ago I managed to break a bottle of beer. So he says “thats what you get for dissing Bruce Daddy!”

:smiley:

Everytime you break a beer bottle, an angel gets its wings. Or God kills a kitten. Or something.

If we decide to get together Friday and/or Saturday, I may be there!

1. I have a boom box I can bring…it’s not a great big one, but I’ll be glad to bring it. AM/FM/Cassette/CD

2. I think we should start earlier than 2 on Sunday (unless, of course, the party Saturday night goes way into Sunday morning!)

3. It would be reeeeeally helpful if Torie lists and updates what everyone says they’ll bring as far as food and drinks…I still haven’t decided what munchables I’ll make, but if we have a nanner puddin contest…I’ll have an entry for sure!

4. I suggest that all of us bring ice. I’m sure it’ll be good and hot out and you can never have too much ice!

5. Quasi, I’ll be huntin’ us down some bawled p’nuts. I’ll bring a mess of 'em if I can find a good stand nearby.

No, you can’t. Not all the Lady Dopers. I LOVE boiled peanuts. Especially with a coke. In the boat. Floating along, throwing the shells in the water. Or in the car, throwing them out the window. Hey, the shells are biodegradable, okay?

Yes Captain! Definitley the Admiral era Kirk!

P.S. I will list people and their food as soon as people start e-mailing me ::Evil eye:: So far I have

NinetyWt-Griller…maybe bringing meat?

Quasi or Captain- Grilling implements, charcoal and the like.

Archergal-Nanner pudding. Though I regret to inform all that I am allergic to nanners and therefore may not have any nanner pudding.:frowning:

Whenever we go to a picnic/grilling event, it’s almost always BYM (bring your meat). Everyone brings whatever meat (main dish) they want to grill (i.e., hot dogs, burgers, shish-kabob, chicken, steak), a side dish to share (be it salad, vegetable, dessert, whatever), and your beverage of choice (we usually bring extra to share as well). This works out great for everyone. The “meat” part is the most costly, and that way not just a few people are stuck with a big expense.

what d’ya say?

Wellllllllllllllllllll…

This works excellently for small gatherings. It depends on how many varied things folks bring. If we are a large crowd, we might think about choosing one or two simple things … like hamburgers and sausage … to cut down on the complications. What if we chipped in $$ and one person (it could be me) go to the grocery - say on Saturday - and bought hamburger meat? Or pork chops, or whatever we decide. One caveat - if we choose chicken, we’ll have to put Big Papa to peelin’ taters or something. I don’t want to say that his chicken-grilling skilz are teh suck, but - I’ll just say he’s not at the Master level with it yet.

Side dishes - what if I take Torie’s List and fill in the gaps - that way, people can bring what they want, and we’ll tailor the rest to fit. I can get stuff in Cartersville or wherever on Saturday.

Ditto on the ice - excellent suggestion.

Excellent suggestion on the ice and the meats!

If NinetyWt goes on Saturday, though, the folks coming just for Sunday may have to content themselves with hamburgers/franks, etc. Since I will be here for the Saturday get-together, I think I’ll opt for a steak on Sunday! :wink:

Also, y’all think we might need more than one grill? You know that those park picnic grills are permanent fixtures, and they’re not designed to handle cooking for more than just a few folks.

As far as chicken, let’s take a vote. I’m sure that Mr. NinetyWt would like to enjoy the gathering and not just grill continuously, so I’m ambivalent on chicken for myself.

Cool on the boombox and the peanuts, earthpuppy! (I can already taste 'em!). Also what time do you suggest we choose for the picnic? Post it here and let’s see if everyone’s cool with it.

TroubleAgain, if you make it up here with Mr. Trouble, I’ll hand-feed you those boiled peanuts! :wink: With his approval, of course! :smiley:

Thanks

Quasi

I could also see about renting one of those large muthas, but we need to see how many folks are coming. We can wait till a little closer to time, just thought I’d throw it out to see what y’all thought… :slight_smile:

Q

Has a place been picked yet?

Quasi, I’m close to Red Top Mt. so I’ll try to go by there and check out the grill situation at shelter #7 (that’s ours, right?) I’ll let you know what’s there. I’ll try real hard to find some boiled peanuts for ya.

NinetyWt, burgers and sausage will be fine…since I live close to the venue, I’d be glad to come early (or on Saturday) and help make patties and set up. Just let me know.

Now Quasi has me starvin’ for a steak !!! :stuck_out_tongue: Steak is fine with me too. Howzabout this: anyone who wants to bring their grill meat, fine. Anyone who wants us to pick up something for them, just let Torie know.

As to the gas grill: let’s let earthpuppy check out the grills at the park. Mebbe there’s two or three next to the pavilion. We need a more accurate head count (i.e. prolly a week from the 29th) before we decide on that. A bigger grill might be in order; if we need to rent one we could split the $$$.

Here’s what I figure for Friday’s invitiation: we’ll arrive early afternoon, settle in, and be ready with finger food type stuff for guests about 7-ish. BYOB, and also anything else … musical instrument, parlor games, kids …

Saturday: I’d be happy to go to town to pick up anything for Sunday; with my trusty sidekick earthpuppy. We’ll also put anyone’s steak or pork chop in Papa’s Deer Camp Marinade[sup]TM[/sup] overnite. We can make up hamburger patties and fix side dishes which can be made ahead. We also need to pick out prizes for the Nanner Puddin’ contest.

Sunday: We’ll help with the grilling and the Nanner Puddin contest. And eat ourselfs silly. Yay!

Bear_Nenno: We decided on Red Top Mountain in Cartersville, GA.

earthpuppy: That’s fine. I appreciate that, and yes, we are in shelter 7.

Thanks

Q

Is it really a mountain? Or just a clever name? I’m pretty excited because I’ve never seen a mountain!!!

Please add my friend aquasunset to the list of confirmed Dopers who will be at the picnic. I will have her get in touch with torie regarding what to bring. :smiley:

Thanks

Quasi

That sounds like a plan to me, sister! I mean, what could be easier? Bring your own or let you and earthpuppy shop for us?

I just think that it’s super-nice of y’all to offer to do this! Thanks, and hugs!

Nanner-puddin’ prizes: Well, now… Since this will be the first time I will have ever participated in a picnic that is also a cooking contest, I’m wide open, but here’s food for thought: How y’all gonna judge this thing, and who’s gonna be brave enough to serve as a judge?

We gonna make it a blindfold kinda thing, and maybe get some other campers (your basic unbiased people) to serve as judges? What about the prizes themselves? What do y’all suggest?

Thanks

Q

Oh, I’ll be more than happy to be a nanner pudding judge if someone doesn’t mind taking me to the hospital and calling my mom afterwards. :smiley:

Updated list.

Ninety Wt-Grilling, bringing small amounts of meat.

Captain Quasi-Grilling implements.

Bruce_Daddy- cups, plastic utensils, coolers, ice, plastic plates (Bruce would you like to bring ALL of these or just some of these? I can delegate other items to others)

Aquasunset-Not yet sure, but will be attending.

Keep them e-mails coming. :slight_smile:

I have always found it helpful in gatherings to have everyone bring enough meat for three people. (Amount changing depending on how many people attend.) That way one person does not end up with all the expense.
However, if NinetyWt ends up going shopping for us, I would like to humbly offer my services to help you guys. :slight_smile:
You have the con, Captian Quasi
oh, oh yeah…ahem…
YAAAAA[/COLOR]aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa[COLOR=Orange]yyyyyyyyyyy[SIZE=1]…ok i’ll stop!
Proudly waits for Captain to top.

P.S. If you are Captain, Quasi, can I be Spock?

Well dammit! No need to top if I can’t even code!!! :smack: