FedEx: WTF does "Package not due for delivery" mean???

It’s complete BS when a package is at your destination or just sitting at a FedEx office because of the delivery date. Just deliver the effin package!!! I’ve got a package that is sitting in CA and the delivery date says like the 13th, just pick up the effin package and deliver it!! Fedex and UPS need to put a stop to the “it has to wait until a specified time and date”… When they pick the package up from the store or whatever just put it on the effin truck or plane and deliver it… So what if it gets to the destination early… It make’s people happy when they get a package early and the FEDex and UPS wouldn’t have to deal with pissed off customers. It’s a win win for everyone if they just deliver the packages without any “time frames” or have to pay “extra” for weekend deliveries. Just effin deliver it without holding the packages hostage!!

Yeah I agree UPS is much much better about just delivering the packages without all the BS "time frames"like Fedex. With UPS they sometimes will deliver your package ahead of time and schedule.

Did you read the 18 month thread before you decided to reply to it? :slight_smile: It’s explained pretty clearly above why it’s not in their best interest to always deliver items as fast as possible.

Technically, it was a one month thread until today. :wink:

<obzombie> Anyone know the best service for shipping a zombie? Does insurance cover limbs falling off? </obzombie>

ETA: Just had to double check that OP was Leaper, not Leper

I know zombies like braaaaaaains. BRAAAAAAAAAINS!

And, thus, I never use Fedex if I have a choice. Both UPS and the USPS do this. It is not business smart to not offer a feature offered by your competitors when you are comparatively priced.

So I ordered a CD 10 days ago, lowest priority shipping, USPS, delivery estimated after Jan 11, fine. So I get the shipping confirmation a few days later, that it would be sent through DHL first and then handed over to USPS for the final leg of it’s journey. Sigh.

It’s not here yet. Here’s why. Keep in mind, I’m asking for this to be shipped to Michigan. I understand the economy of shipping all items through a handful of hub cities. Here’s the question; if a shipping company is going to pass off an item to a partner company for the final delivery, is there a good reason to send it much farther away from its destination before handing it off?

Unless I am misunderstanding you, I think you need to look at that again paying attention to the dates rather than reading it top to bottom.

Jenaroph is correct. The package has gone from North Carolina to Georgia to Illinois to Iowa. Illinois is a whole lot closer to Michigan than Iowa.

But in the comments with the picture he states “To Michigan from Iowa, by way of Illinois, Georgia, and North Carolina, so far.”, which makes me think he thinks it started in Iowa.