HELLO?! Am I on everyone's ignore list?

I don’t know.

If you all will excuse me for a second, I think I will duck into GQ and reply “I don’t know” thirty odd times. Y’know once for each thread, just so the OPs don’t feel bad. If nothing else it should help the old post count.

This thread’d be a lot funnier if no-one had replied.

Heh, that’s what I was thinking. And no one has done the “Who said that?” thing that I figured I’d see.

After a while it’s pretty hard to hit significant post count numbers. I hit 10K two Augusts ago and I have a long way to go before I hit 20K, a mark at least two dopers have already surpassed.

Ah, it’s so pleasant to see somebody else get it in the neck, in the BBQ, for a change.

Usually, I’m the one who posts something this dumb.

I dimly recall a German phrase for this…

You’re certainly conveying a snippy, sarcastic, :dubious: tone today Bosda… Just MHO, YMMV.

Probably.
However, the difference between being a grown-up and being a whiny, immature, attention-whoring annoyance is knowing better than to actually post it.

Ok, I’ll bite and post this thought that came to mind. (Yeah, I know it brings to life a catch 22, so be it.) Isn’t it true, that it’s rude to point out rude behavior? What the heck has gotten into so many today? People being snippy in places other than the pit, and of all things, a poster being lectured on manners…in the pit! :eek:

Well, yeah, but the former isn’t nearly as funny.

When your question sinks like a stone even after being bumped, there are two appropriate responses.

1. Go find one of those MPSIMS threads where everyone kvetches about lousy unsuccessful threads they’ve started, or
  2. Figure out the answer yourself.

Could you please repost and explain exactly WTF you’re talking about? I’ve read this 3 times and it still makes no sense. Try including posters names, quotes, and other helpful hints. Sheesh.

No one is pointing out manners. They are pointing out real life. Pointing it out in a “‘Whaa! No one answered my thread! Boo hoo!’ Get the hell over it!” sort of way.

Zette I posted thoughts on feelings that had been building while reading the SDMB fora today, which were “brought to a head” by evilbeth’s post directly before mine. That’s all…just wondering if it’s the cold weather getting everybody’s tempers flaring or what?

Ok, because I was wondering what was going on. It kinda took me aback is all.

What about onequartersie?

Even if you were on everyone’s ignore list, wouldn’t it be against the rules to tell you?

This is completely ridiculous - what if you had gotten 50-100 responses all confirming that Halvie was currently not in use. If you used it without conducting any of your own research and got sued for copyright infringement - what exactly would your defense be? Members of the SDMB granted permission to use it?

And how would we know you were asking?

I can’t speak for anyone else but stupidity always makes my temper flare. Stupidity combined with arrogance (“How dare people not respond to something I had to say?”) really pisses me off.