I burst into uncontrollable laughter in Target today...

From a review further down.

See, it’s *not *that bad.

Very nice. You should email that to the manufacturer. :slight_smile:

I, for one, didn’t believe those one-star Amazonian product reviews, and I was in the market for a cost-effective hand mixer, so I decided to purchase the Chefmate 5-Speed Mixer for myself. I take product reviews very seriously and planned to post an honest review on Amazon after putting my Chefmate 5-Speed Mixer to an honest test. I always start with 5-stars and only deduct stars when I feel a significant problem is inherent in the products I review. Seeing multiple 1-star reviews for the Chefmate 5-Speed Mixer, made me think something was amiss. No product should receive that few stars, multiple times and exclusively.

I was rather giddy with joy when my Chefmate 5-Speed Mixer arrived, and so I feverishly unpacked the kitchen utensil and put it to immediate use—whipping up a bowl of my much-requested homemade whipped cream (to be dolloped liberally on my equally much-requested homemade pumpkin pie)!

Indeed, everything seemed to be going exquisitely well at first; the cream was firming up nicely into a frothy-fine consistency. But, then, quite unexpectantly, an alien material of unknown origin began to extrude from the Chefmate 5-Speed Mixer ventilation holes and into my cream. It was a semi-liquidy goo that had the consistency, color and taste (don’t ask) of opossum feces, and therefore not a positive enhancement to my dessert topping. But, I was willing to overlook this little glitch. I simply explained to my family that I made a cocoa variation of my whipped cream and they were none the wiser. Unfortunately, I felt compelled to deduct one star from my Chefmate 5-Speed Mixer review.

Things did not improved on the next occasion I used my Chefmate 5-Speed Mixer. This time I was mixing up some eggs for my family-famous Rancho Eggeroso Mexicaly Breakfast (I’m of decidedly non-Spanish English/German decent, but I whip up a very convincing Mexican breakfast, mixing habanera peppers, ketchup and guacamole into my eggs while donning a large sombrero). Anyway, my Chefmate 5-Speed Mixer began shaking, shimmering and gyroscoping against my grip, out of the bowl and beatering wildly onto my scrotum (yes, I wear a sombrero on Rancho Eggeroso mornings, but nothing else). As a result, I sustained a complete double orchiectomy, rendering me unable to sire more children. On the other hand, I did develop an appreciation for show tunes, so I consider the experience somewhat of a draw, but, still, I had to deduct 2 additional stars.

I was hoping for some product redemption on my last occasion using the Chefmate 5-Speed Mixer. But alas, it was not to be. While frappéeing a cup of beetle grubs for my delectable carrot stick dip (I’ll IM you the recipe upon request), flames shot out of it! No, really, flames shot out of my Chefmate 5-Speed Mixer, arcing 5 feet, onto, into and out of our little toddler,Timmy, electrocuting him. Granted, Timmy was only 2 years old, hardly enough time to bond with him. But, still, it was a bit inconvenient and somewhat of a loss for his mother and I. This, along with my inability to easily replace the child, due to my double Chefmate 5-Speed orchiectomy, compelled me to deduct yet another star from my product review.

One-Star review for the Chefmate 5-Speed Mixer. I didn’t believe it, but there you have it.

So what happened to your balls, dude? Where there two more ‘huevos’ in the rancheros that morning? Or did the dog find them under the fridge later that afternoon?

On the bright side, you have qualified for a rare non-posthumous Darwin Award.

There is a recent (perhaps still current) thread nearby (sorry, I’m not going to bother hunting for it now), in which OP says his kid received an obnoxiously noisy toy from someone, and OP seeks suggestions for an awful revenge gift to give in return.

I think we have found it. Hope that OP is reading this.

Same here. But I didn’t give it a bad online review; after all it dried my hair nicely, right up until it went into flamethrower mode.

You just can’t satisfy some people.

See my post above. Still mixing cakes after three years.

Ironically, the toaster leaves ice crystals all over your bread.

Reminds me of the Woody Allen and an apprehensive Mia Farrow bedroom scene in Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Sex… where he’s trying to cure her frigidity, plugs the vibrator into the wall and smoke and sparks start shooting out.

If the kitchen makes you frigid, this mixer’s for you!

Oh I know this mixer well! I had a section of one of the beaters break off into a puddle of softened butter and cream cheese.

I found it helpful as well and voted accordingly. The review has one “not helpful”. I think we’ve found the manufacturer.

I was thinking of my Ex…

There’s no way in HELL I’m using a six dollar blowtorch from Target.

Enjoy,
Steven

1. Take out a large insurance policy on your restaurant or home.
  2. Turn on the $6 Chefmate mixer at 3:00 am and leave the premises.
  3. Profit!

Great stocking stuffer.

Probably hard to employ an army of shills when you’re only charging six dollars a mixer.

Greater stuffing scorcher.

Hey, I’ve got a Little List of folks I’d like to receive this.

Flames don’t electrocute people, electricity does.

I suspect that there may be a bit of BS in your post.