I just had a Little Debbie Swiss Roll for the first time in my life

Tell me the down-side of prison again?

Oh yeah, that.

Very clever of the prison system. Fatten up the inmates so that they can’t escape by slipping between the bars.

It BELONGS in a Hall of Fame for Classic OPs somewhere. :smiley:

What’s the epicurian’s choice?
The snack over which all maws rejoice?
On what do all the gluttons fawn?
What fills them up? What turns them on?
At Debbie’s name all gourmets stand
And take their stomach pumps in hand…

[sub]thanks to Tom K. Ryan for that[/sub]

Really? The same Tom K. Ryan who drew Tumbleweeds?

Yep.

It was originally an ode by Greasy the cook, extolling his own virtues. The last line was added by one of his customers.

When I was in school, my mom would always pack some sort of sweet bakery item in my lunch. The Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls were always my favorite.

Yeah, we have a problem with that in Chicago.

My first Drake’s Yodel (back when I was about 12) was an experience similar to what the OP describes. I’ve got to say that I always felt that Little Debbie’s was Drake’s and Hostess’ poor relation… an OK substitute in a pinch. Now, alas, they’re about the best we’ve got (around here anyway).

I have always loved Little Debbie’s Swiss Cake Roll, but lately I have not been getting them as much as I used to because of how expensive they are getting. Back in the day they used to be a whole lot cheaper. I can remember when the box would say just $1.09. Now it currently says $1.79. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

God bless you always!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Holly

P.S. To me, them Swiss Cake Rolls have the better cream filling compared to the creme filling that was in the Hostess products. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’m glad you finally got to enjoy those things; they are tasty. However may I suggest that you also try the Little Debbie Boston Creme Rolls? I think you’ll find them to your liking.

You haven’t reported back. :slight_smile:

I will from hereon out be looking for a situation in which to use this line. Actually, I’m always looking for such a situation, only now I can pretend it’s so I can use that line.

If the OP moves on to Star Crunches, they are surely doomed.

[spoiler]DOOMED!

:p[/spoiler]

I often get a box of Little Debbie’s for that long lonely hike from the supermarket exit to my car.

I’ve never been much for the Swiss Cake Rolls, but Little Debbie’s peanut butter bars are my kryptonite.

These and the peanut butter bars are crackalicious.

Shh…… don’t tell!

More for us.

A long time ago in my young carefree backpacking-around-Europe days I became, ahem, ‘well acquainted’ with a petite young Canadian lady by the name of Deborah. I would appreciate it if I were to receive appropriate kudos for exercising admirable restraint in not inserting into this thread at this time a sleazy wisecrack involving the terms “Little Debbie”, “box”, and “eating”. Thank you.

That was one of the very few joys of living in West Texas, having my way with Little Debbie. The pastry was good too.

I recall some sort of women’s sanitary product named Little Miss Deb and marketed at young girls, so you had to be careful what you were ordering.

Swiss Cake Rolls and white milk
Nutty Bars and white milk
Donut Sticks and Yoo-hoo from the half-gallon carton
We got packed a Little Debbie Cake with our lunch in elementary school. Needless to say we ate it as soon as we left the house.