If you thought _____ was a sequel to ____ you'd be in for a movie-viewing shock

Despite the titles, Deep Impact and Deep Throat really don’t have much to do with each other… :o

Fortunately, Armageddeon was not a sequel to Apocalypse Now.

Similarly, if you thought Deep Throat was related to All The President’s Men…

<Newly-hired clerk>

“If you liked Under the Volcano, you may want to check out Joe Versus the Volcano. I think they even use the same volcano for both!”

</N-h c>

Which was then followed by 2001.

Isn’t Joe vs. the Volcano is the sequel to Joe?

And neither of them have Norma Desmond, yet she made the movie to which one is the prequel and the other the sequel.

If you thoughtAn American Werewolf in Paris was a sequel to An American in Paris you would be blown away.

If you Candyman was a sequel Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, then you are sad.

After several years of litigation, The Rules of Attraction finally became the Laws of Attraction.

If you thought Candyman… :rolleyes:

Which, of course, was a sequel to 1776

Actually, I did hear rumors for a while that *Paris * was going to have a direct connection to London(after all, he did have sex with her before all the ruckus began), but it never happened.

And the original in the series was 10,000,000 years BC.

Dances With Wolves and Dirty Dancing

Dirty Harry and The Dirty Dozen

The Wedding Planner and Four Weddings and A Funeral

Apollo 13 is the latest in the never-ending Apollo Creed spin-offs of the Rocky movies.

Sir Rhosis

Six Weeks and 9 1/2 Weeks. Funny how that mother all slutted out after her daughter died of leukemia.

And of course Twelfth Night and Thirteen Days. Funny how I missed McNamara staring intently at RFK and JFK and saying “If music be the food of love, play on.”

American Pie Is not a sequel to American Graffiti.

I’m still waiting for Mel Brooks to finish his “History of the World” series.

The Hugh Grant movie Nine Months is not related to any of these. Neither is the Ahh-nold flick The Sixth Day, Nor the horror movie 28 Days Later, which has been mentioned already.

But the series died with Fatal Attraction.

How about The Princess Bride and The Princess Diaries?

And there’s Star Wars…