Lost 2.8: "Collision"

Not yet…

Well, that explains the screwed-up-in-the-head right there. Poor Ana. Psycho bitch, but at least for a good reason.

A.L. is gonna do a bad, bad, thing…

Yeah. They may have found a way to make her sympathetic.

Well the show’s still got it… The ability to surprise.

For me it’s not the mystery of the Island that made the show good, it’s the interaction of the characters. Count me among the group who was getting tired of Ana… I still don’t like her, but I sympathize with her now. And her interaction with Sayid really packed some oomph. They didn’t have a teary moment of forgiveness or a blood-soaked whirlwind of revenge… It was all quiet, intense conversation. Sayid’s reflection on his torture of Sawer was especially good.

Last 5 mins coming up…

EZ

What reason is that? That rather than identifying the guy who shot her and letting him go to trial and be punished legally, she decided to kill him herself?

I’d be sympathetic if she’d ID’d the guy. But I’m still really not feeling it.

Wait … so, is Ana-Lucia on the lam, or what? The hell? And is there something wrong with me because I want to know, but not until someone is standing over her cold, dead body with a smoking gun? Or a bloody golf club? Or a dripping syringe? Or a long, thick piece of seaweed or something? Not feelin’ the love for Ana-Looncia at all.

Aw man, when Bernard and Rose were reunited I started misting up. We’ve been waiting for that for a LONG time.

Was anyone else hoping that Jack and Mr. Echo were going to find Ana Lucia crumpled on the ground with a self-inflicted bullet wound to the temple?

Hell, I started misting up when the damn dog ran to Michael … by the time Bernard and Rose saw each other, I was almost sobbing! :smiley:

Not hoping, no, but for a moment there I would have bet that she’d hung herself.

I was scared for a sec that they’d come to the clearing and find them both dead. Nothing to live for, etc. But I’m glad that’s not the case.

Why is Jack acting all weird about AnaLucia? As far as I know, they only met once for five minutes at the airport bar. Is there more to this?

Overall, a good episode. Another week that felt like they were moving the story forward rather than just killing time.

I was a little surprised by the way Sun acted. After seeing Michael and knowing Jin was nearby, she seemed to be just going about her normal business. I would have expected her to either follow Michael to get more information or to go into the woods looking for Jin.

I’m glad to see the Bernard & Rose reunion. I was worried the producers would decide to throw in some dramatic last minute scene to keep them apart. But what would have been really funny would have been:

Bernard and Rose slowly walk towards each other. Bernard pauses.
Bernard: Excuse me, ma’am. Do you know where my wife Rose Baker is? I was told she’s here in your camp.
Rose: Wow, that’s a coincidence. My first name is Rose too. I’m Rose Johnson. I’m sorry though - I haven’t met anyone named Rose Baker. But I was told my husband Bernard Johnson was with you. Is he nearby?
Bernard: Wow, that’s my first name too. I’m Bernard Baker.
Bernard and Rose look at each other for a second.
Together: Uh oh.

I think it’s just cheesy, suspenseful build-up. Duh, duh, duh!

Perhaps they did meet up again on the plane and joined the mile high club?

I wasn’t that surprised by anything that happened with her character. In another episode she was asked if she had kids and she hesitated and looked away before answering “no”. I figured this meant that either she had a kid once or almost had a kid. As soon as she refused to I.D. the guy I knew she’d seek him out and kill him and there had to be more of a reason than just that he almost killed her.

The only thing really surprising is that she wised up and let Sayid go.

Yeah, and her reaction to the crying baby at the domestic disturbance was a big clue, too. After I realized she was going to try for vigilante justice (when she didn’t ID the guy), I guessed that she must have been pregnant.

It’s the Vigilante Justice Hour, starring Ana Lucia Loco Muy Psycho.

That was pretty bitchy, too – the whole guilt trip she tried to lay on Bernard for wanting to head on to the Losties camp.

Yes, you helped him survive. Yes, you’ve led your little ragged band through amjor troubles. But it’s his friggin WIFE, for crying out loud. You’re asking him to further delay going back to his WIFE, now that he knows she’s alive. Who the hell do you expect him to choose? eh? You, or his WIFE?

Ana Lucia is a few beans short of a burrito.

I have seen in other threads conjecture about when the plane crash occurred. The producers have kept people guessing and have stated that it did not necessarily occur recently. That red herring was put to rest tonight. When AL was in the bar there was a recent hit playing in the background. I don’t know when the song came out but it wasn’t that long ago.

I think the subtext was that Ana Lucia has assumed the self-imposed burden of protecting everybody in her group. She wasn’t annoyed at them for leaving her. She just didn’t want them going out of her sight and into a possibly dangerous situation.

Basically, she had become a control freak since her shooting. The final scene with Sayid was her finally being willing to take a risk again. Or maybe, with everyone she had been protecting gone, it was a case of her finally being able to put down the burden and realize she didn’t care whether or not she personally lived.

One thing about this episode, though.

A couple of episode guides (IMDB and TV.com, for example) said that Dr. Marvin Candle (the doctor in the orientation film) was to appear in this episode, but I don’t remember seeing him. Did I miss his appearance or were those sites incorrect?

That was from a TV Guide interview, and the actual quote from the producers, without the speculation from the TV Guide writers, didn’t really say anything other than that they were taking pains not to date the show.

What a great episode! I’m really surprised to be able to get in on page one, out here on the West coast.

Aw, I was no where near sobbing during any of that. Strictly misty.

It didn’t get messy until we got to Sayid carrying Shannon’s body, followed by a stricken Ana Lucia.