Lost 4.01: "The Begining of the End"

That dog…he knows something.

(thought I’d be the first to throw that out there for the new season)

I think I’m going to see if I can watch this Thursday on dad’s 42" LCD HD TV. That will be a huge difference from watching on my 13" analog with bunny ears, don’t you think?

Enjoy. It’s a terrific episode. You will not be disappointed!

Isn’t someone supposed to chime in about now and tell us how crappy the show is and that they don’t watch it anymore? Uh-oh… what did I just do!!

I’d like to say that I, too will just be watching Lost as if it were any other show and that I won’t be analyzing it to death.

Yup. I sure would like to say that.

Maybe they’ll finally give Vincent the shift eyes…

There is some truth there. Remember how the number of “Easter Eggs” decreased considerably in the 3rd season? They were all over the place int he 1st and 2nd, which lent itself to endless analyses.

What I was going for was: “I’d like to say I won’t become crazy obsessive about the show, but I probably will.”

I’m glad they’ve backed off on the easter eggs. They were fun for a while, but now it’s time to get on with the story. Fortunately, with a solid end date, they can.

Yeah, I know.

Yeah, I agree.

Halfway through season 3 was when I gave up on Lost. I could only take so much nonsense with nothing happening… but apparently it got better for the last half of the season, and I am inclined to tune in tomorrow night. The fact that very little else is on the tube at the moment is part of the reason.

Anyone care to provide a summary of last season of what happened after, say, Jack started operating on wossname?

[del]somebody got con[/del] Here’s an 8:15 recap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIuXZ37GQIs

They might say that, but it would just be a con.

CHIMING IN.

I stopped watching after the season 3 fall season, which consisted of 8 episodes where absolutely nothing interesting happend, and thr big cliffhanger was ‘‘will or won’t Jack kill Ben?’’ … of course he won’t, and even if he did, it just means we won’t get to hear his story.

I LOVED Lost’s first season, so much that I watched it in 3 days (I didn’t want it when it first aired, cuz I fell victim to ABCs horrible marketing which made me think the show was a survivor ripoff reality show with one of the hobbit actors) and although it started to get tedious and lost steam by the end, season 2 was great too. Which is part of why I hated season 3 and refused to keep wasting my time on a show that the writers just make up as they go along.

Two rays of hope. #1 was the writers getting their shit together and giving themselves a deadline for the final ep. #2 is I read in Stephen King’s EW column that S3’s spring run is much better, and is brillant if you have a marathon and FF through the pointless flashbacks. I’ve been gradually rewatching S1 (already skipping the flashback scenes of Jack, Charlie and Claire, and Boone and Shannon) and I intend to rewatch and then give S3 another shot. I figure by the time I get that done, enough of S4 will have aired that I can marathon that too. Thus I will not be back in this thread for a while…

Just a quick comment on your ray of hope #1, it was ABC who got their shit together and reaized they couldn’t drag the show on forever, thus allowing the writers to finish the story. I kinda got the feeling they wanted to tell us what the Others are on about in the third season, but they didn’t know how long’d they’d have to drag the show on, and so held it back.

muwhawha - “Mr. Friendly throws like a girl”.

Vincent is the Key.

I was actually thinking that…well, let me put it in spoilers just in case*

That the black fog monster took the shape of Jack’s dad Christian and can take the shape of other things at will. It would explain the faces in the fog at times and that kind of collective conscious that it sometimes gives out.

*but it’s just a theory…

cries for the dead horse

(;))
Has anyone been following the new online game, Find 815? curious

Yeah, I’ll spend half an hour composing a summary of stuff I watched almost a year ago because you gave up on the show…

Lostpedia has summaries of each episode. Watch the recap tomorrow, and that will probably help.

“Mobisodes”? Got link for all of them? Because this is the first I have heard of them.

I would really hate that.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/missingpieces/index?pn=index

#5 provides more proof that ‘that dog knows something’!