"Must catch moose and squirrel!"

I read Nora Roberts and just had to mention one of her books, Taming Natasha. Natasha is Ukranian. Early on, on a date, we have "His face sober, he leaned toward her. “Say ‘Get moose and squirrel.’”

Her mouth quivered before she gave up and laughed. “No.” "

:snort: Helloooo, zeeba neighba!

delete

that trick never works.

This time for sure!

Presto!

(No doubt about it – I gotta get a new hat!)

(And now here’s something we hope you’ll really like!)

Gotta admit, it gives all those lines a whole new meaning!

How did she react when she saw the scene? Just shook her head with disbelief?

Again?

I’ve rewatched all the released DVDs, and don’t remember that specific line either.

But I’m here to say that we need to remake R&B with Sarah Palin in the role of Natasha. After all, she can see Pottsylvania from her house.

Have you gotten her to say "Nuclear Wessels?

In Allameeda!

“In Soviet Union, moose and squirrel kill you!!”

I don’t recall. That was quite a few years ago and the movie was pretty bad.

As I have only Season 1 on DVD, I defer to Comrade Silenus.

On My Name Is Earl the gang meets a russian woman who Randy asks to say “moose and squirrel”. One of my favorite scenes.

Heh. Like the scene in Scrubs where they make Colin Farrell do the Lucky Charms spiel.

Then we find moose and squirrel.

A slightly off-topic Buffy reference: When teaming up with her boyfriend to fight a vampire and a horned demon, Buffy tells him, “You get Fangs, I’ll get Horny.”

Not quite “Get Moose and Squirell”, but not a million miles removed.

Fan mail from some flounder?

Don’t know how I missed this the first time around.

That might be the line, but not direct from the source. There was an episode of Murphy Brown where there was a Russian journalist (female) working with the FYI gang. At one point, Murphy blows up at her and says “Well I can’t take anything you say seriously with that stupid accent. You sound like you should be plotting big trouble for moose and squirrel!”

Yeah it is. :rolleyes: