Official Mayan End of the World Thread. Midnight tonight. Post your observations.

Well, it’s Friday over here, and nothing so f

The end of the world in Annapolis MD (power outage.) Humorous commentary.

Crap – looks like I have to go Christmas shopping after all. May skip the mall though and just give everyone smoked meat. Seem to have a bit of an excess now.

The world ended in a chorus of snores from the wife and one of the stranger threads I’ve seen in a while in the Pit.

Oh, and one of my best armies was beat to shit but managed to survive in central Japan, but I should be the uncontested new Emperor by morning…

I am getting annoyed with the large number of people posting things like this on Facebook:

“I don’t really believe anything will happen, but if it does you’ve all been wonderful friends and have enriched my life, and I hope we meet on the other side.”

What hokum! Either you believe and you’re an idiot, or you don’t and you should be mocking those who do. No middle ground.

Of course you’re right, it could happen any time up till the last second of the day, but it’s inevitable that most people won’t grasp that. Every horror movie has to have that collective “Phew, we’re safe” moment before disaster strikes.

Broadcasting from about seven miles east of Dulles airport… all calm and nothing to report.

It’s been sunny and pleasant all day here in Australia.

I think it’s a trap.

FUCK… Ok, what can I say… I made a mistake. Yes, I was wrong… there, I said it. So for anyone who I gave my money or worldly possessions to… yeah, I messed up and was wrong… can you please give them back… please?

Wait… there is still this time zone thing. Hold on. I may still be right.

Weird. My wife and I decided we wanted to make spaghetti for our last meal before the apocalypse. It cooked up fine and I was draining the spaghetti over the sink when… all the pasta just up and disappeared! Poof!

I couldn’t figure out what was going on. Then all of a sudden it hit me. We had purchased all our kitchenware in Mexico last year. Stupid me. I was using a Mayan colander.

:smack::smack::smack:

Nothing over here in Phoenix, of course crackpots will point out that this supposed end will not “end” until the 22nd comes along.

In the meantime enjoy some end of the word doomsday poopers, or as FARK likes to put it: Here comes the science:

http://aer.aas.org/resource/1/aerscz/v11/i1/p010301_s1?view=fulltext
Resources for Responding to Doomsday 2012: An Annotated Guide

Courtesy of one of my favorite busters of ignorance: Andrew Fraknoi.

He was fun when he was invited to speak to explain scientific stuff at KGO radio in San Francisco.

:Golf clap:

What the hell is happe

Considering it doesn’t appear that anything celestial is going to happen, unless the aliens are cloaking their space ships, it’s more likely that something geological is going to happen that would bring the world as the Mayans knew it to an end, not the whole world.

Keep your eyes on the Sth American news channels, it’s unlikely that whatever it is will actually get way down here, but continental Nth America might be in the road.:eek:

The horror! The horror!! Ooooowww. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo …

Sorry about that. Everything is fine now. Had a bad toe cramp for a minute there.

Checking in from the Gulf of Mexico. The satellite internet is holding up strangely well. Normally it cuts in and out badly in bad weather, and we are having some pretty rough seas out here right now. Just felt the boat shake pretty badly as I was typing this! We are supposedly heading back to port in Louisiana, but I won’t be surprised to find out that there simply is no Louisiana anymore.

the restaurant i cook at closes at 9pm. at 8pm there was a wait for a table 20 people long.

this normally doesn’t happen on thursday nights.

Clouds have gone away and the sky, omg, it is full of stars. Hey, do I see an angry-looking starship from Krikkit headed this way?

9.03pm Australia: something’s going down soon. I mean someone’s going down soon. I’m pretty sure it’s me. So I hope it’s big.