Ouija board, please explain this?

not all are dopey nor teenagers.

Evil spirits become attached to certain things-astrology, tarot cards, ouija boards, etc.

Not the same as a message board.
Understand?
No.

Nope. Prove to me that spirits attach themselves to a board game.

That’s a crock.

http://www.wellspringsministries.com/deliverance/page7.html

http://www.spotlightministries.org.uk/ouija.htm

http://www.spotlightministries.org.uk/ouija.htm

www.spotlightministries.org.uk/ouija.htm

Oh, good source, a ministry. Very objective.

And it quotes a Christian publication. Again, very objective.

Good heavens. Of course they’re going to say there is “an unexplained evil” behind it. They want to create something evil against which the good souls can rise.

Do you happen to have any actual sources?

of course!
Christians can never be objective!
I forgot.:smack:

Sure they can. But when a minister is polling his fellow Christians about whether there are spirits afoot, how many of them would answer objectively? They’ll answer in the affirmative either because it’s what they believe to be true or because their minister is sermonizing them on it.

Do you know of any scientific studies that have shown there are evil spirits behind Ouija Boards?

Then why bother?

Look: It’s a piece of cardboard with letters on it. It operates by unconscious muscular coordination of the participants. There ain’t nothin’ occult about it: It’s manufactured by the same company that makes “Monopoly” and “Clue,” those well-known bastions of demonic influence.

There’s a simple experiment you can perform to prove that it’s the movements of the participants that determine the path of the pointer. That is, unless you’re too scared of a printed piece of cardboard to actually perform the experiment.

First: Get your group together, and have one person stand aside as a silent observer. Let them use the board as usual. Oo and ah over the “mysterious messages.”

Then: Do exactly the same thing, but blindfold the participants. The silent observer will note that the pointer wanders around the board, as the participants are no longer able to subconsciously direct their hands. If there really were demonic forces influencing the board, it should make no difference whether or not the participants can see it. But when they can’t, the board doesn’t work. QED.

Of course, if a printed piece of cardboard terrifies you, then you’ll forever labor under the misapprehensions of this silly bit of superstitious nonsense.

I concur **vanilla/b]

The ouija board is not just a game even though it is marketed as such. It was originally created for communication with the spirit world. Evil spirits can and do use it. I’ve read stories about what’s happened to people messing with it and it isn’t good.

I attended a slumber party when I was young at a girl friend’s house and there was a board there. I don’t really remember what happened but my mom told me I was scared when I came home.

Mess with it if you want, not me.

Oh yeah, like science is going to prove the existence of spirits, evil and otherwise. Get the book I mentioned and read some of the stories in there about people who’ve used the board. The end result reveals who’s behind it.

1. Prove it was originally created for communication with the spirit world.

2. Prove evil spirits can and do use it.

If you can’t, then you’re just espousing unsubstantiated opinions.

You don’t remember what happened, but there was a board there, so it must have been the board? Gigantic leap of logic, there.

Hm. When I got home from work, I was very sad. Earlier in the day I had seen a clown. I bet the clown made me sad.

Sorry, people’s stories don’t prove a thing other than what that person wants to believe. Anecdotal insights are as useful as old wives’ tales.

So, again, I say it’s a crock.

As Chronos suggested, if the Ouija Board is evil, why don’t you just put it down and watch it move on its own? If it moves, then fine - evidence of Something Out There. If it doesn’t move, then the whole idea is full of malarkey.

I could have sworn when I woke up this morning that I was in the 21st century. I guess not. Better go out to the field and sprinkle bees’ wings over the crops so the soil gremlins push up on the underside of the cornstalks to make them taller.

Hmm. . . I knew this one would get interesting sooner or later. On the one hand, we have those who believe that everything can be proven or disproven using the scientific method, and on the other hand, those who have faith in things unseen. Oddly enough, the modern era of scientific experimentation was begun by men who devoutly and fervently believed in God, that God is a God of order and not disorder, and that He created a world where certain principles were ordered and could be repeatedly observed (men like Newton, Mendel, Pasteur, you get the idea).

The reason “science” was so respected in the public eye was because scientists, being good, ethical (which stems from being God-revering) men, would never even think of altering data or results to repudiate their theses. Their results were their results, and if the data didn’t fit the thesis, they changed the thesis. The idea that God’s existence had to be proven scientifically would have been silly to them, to say the least. Science was intended to deal with the natural world, and biology, chemistry, and physics are its roots.

Mid-19th Century or so, things began to change, and the objective scientific method was thought by many to be able to answer all of life’s questions. Of course, questions like, “Where do I go when I die?” or even, “Why is Billy so mean?” lie outside the realm of pure science to answer–and IT WAS NEVER INTENDED TO! Thus the problem.

Don’t you remember the scandalous headlines of the late 20th century regarding how so many scientists were playing with their data to make it fit their theses? And do you remember why? For grant money to do further research! Yes, all for money. (And, yes, there certainly are religious, even “Christian,” leaders who are in it for the money. And there are honest scientists and honest Christians too!)

One unethical use of data was the “proof” that one can be born homosexual. The “scientist” told the press that he had found conclusive evidence of this, which they smeared all over the front page. When the same “scientist” presented his findings to his fellows, he made no such claim, knowing that they could easily interpret the data themselves and that no such finding was evident, much less valid. I think that one got a two-paragraph story on page A7 a month or two later.

As for the answer that Delphinus is after, I can tell you this: my wife was a (powerful, she tells me) witch during her teen years, cast spells on people, saw her curses come true (not just by wishful thinking, but people getting violently ill, etc.), used tarot cards, ouija boards, etc. She has seen demons face to face (without the use of drugs!), and actually worshiped satanic deities. She is a Christian now, covered by the blood of Jesus, and has the gift of discerning spirits (that means she can tell when evil spirits are in a room or in a person). We have seen demons cast out of people and their physical features change so much from dark to light that you wouldn’t recognize them.

MY WIFE WOULD NOT COME WITHIN 20 FEET OF A OUIJA BOARD NOW. Not out of fear, but she knows its purpose.

The first answer given by His4Ever was correct. It included the phrase, “Of course, all this may mean nothing to you, [if it truly does, you have no real reason to respond] or you may not agree with it, but if you’re interested in the subject, I would recommend the book I mentioned.” I appreciate those who encouraged Delphinus to try to use a scientific approach to finding an answer, but it lies outside the boundaries of pure science, and Delphinus mentioned she does NOT want to use the board again. Since the first step in research is to check out the findings of others (which is what the original question asked), Delphinus did it right, and His4Ever recommended an appropriate text. My wife’s experience corroborates occultic use for the ouija board.

HappyBoy (for a reason) :slight_smile:

P.S. We love Monopoly and Clue!

Some people just refuse to believe.

As for me, I plan on buying Dogopoly!
Cute!

You’re right about that, vanilla. Some will always refuse to believe. Happyboy’s wife’s experience is very revealing. So what if the board does nothing for some people? It’s the demons behind it who decide when to use it. I don’t think the people who’ve had strange experiences with this board are all lying.

From “the Ouija Board, doorway to the Occult” by Edmond Gruss:

"Some satanists use the Ouija board for divination, according to Johanna Michaelsen. ‘I have spoken with those who have had close personal associations with satanism who tell me that some satanists do indeed use the Ouija board for the purpose of divination. Several police officers have confirmed this fact to me. At least one self-styled satanist youth gang in Southern California used the Ouija board to select the name of the gang’s next victim from a list of people whom they consider to be the most vulnerable to their mind control.’ "

"One of my students wrote the following response to my questionaire on the occult: ‘The Ouija board has worked for me several times because I used to go to the meetings in San Francisco where satan was worshipped, and one of the main ways of communicating with hm and his demons was the Ouija board. I know the dangers.’ "

"Sean Sellers murdered a convenience store clerk, his mother, and his stepfather at the age of sixteen as a result of his satanic activity. He writes of his own experience: ‘When I was a satanist the Ouija was used frequently as a way to introduce individuals into the occult. We knew the Ouija was accepted by most people as being harmless, and once you got a person playing, it was only a matter of time before they would agree to join us in a satanic ritual.’ "

"An English woman who conducted several seances on a homemade Ouija before she became a Christian wrote: ‘I was frightened on only one occasion. A newcomer to the seances alleged that I was pushing the glass. Indignantly I said that I wasn’t, and asked everyone present to remove their fingers from the glass. To my horror the glass whizzed around the circle of the letters violently three times before suddenly grinding to a halt in the center of the table.’ "

Now does that sound like it’s just a harmless board with letters? I don’t think so!

Vanilla, by the way, what’s dogopoly?

:smiley:

Good link, vanilla. Tells it like it is.

Isn’t there enough real evil in the world today for you, without having to look under the bed for monsters? It is a piece of plastic pushed around on a common piece of cardboard by gullible humans. Nobody takes the boards aside sometime during the manufacturing process to cast a spell over them.