Straight Dope Oscar 2008 Prediction Contest

Oh, come on, twick! Just take some wild guesses just for fun! I haven’t seen any of the main films either, but I still like to predict.

:slight_smile:

OK, locking in my final guesses now… :slight_smile:

You can not win! I shall defeat you!

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!

:cool:

Milkshake drinkin’ bump.

alright, I’m having a blonde moment…

I clicked play, but I don’t know where to go to register our name. I feel clueless…

After you click “Play,” click “Predict the Winners” (over on the left-hand side).

Just came back to see where things stood and caought this. I hade selected thr Dopers group, but I don’t think I had actually joined until now.

Anyone else getting errors on the “Leaderboard” right now? I know it’s early, but I like to keep up to date as to who is winning.

Well, I’m doing OK, but I still can’t access the leaderboard. If it never works, we need to post our total correct answers tomorrow.

Am I the only one getting an error?

I’ve been clicking on the group name, and have been able to access the leaderboard.

RANK ENTRY POINTS

1 ArchiveGuy 17
2 Mahaloth 16
2 Eyebrows 16
4 Capt. Lance 15
4 Equipoise 15
6 labtrash 14
7 GovQuinn 13
8 myskepticsig 12
9 brownie55 10
9 Skipper Too 10
11 JohnT 9
12 loach 7
12 atomicbadger 7
14 MOBO 4
15 Frostedglass 3
16 Entry 0

Congrats ArchiveGuy! :smiley:

*Damn you Tilda Swinton! *:smiley:

Congrats ArchiveGuy!

Better showing that I did against my wife: she had 16 to my 6. :rolleyes:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! So close!!!

Good job, Archive!

Congratulations ArchiveGuy!

I’m usually terrible at predicting and this year is no different. I forgot what I predicted or if I even finished the ballot. I meant to go back for a last go at it but I never did. Now I can’t seem to log in to see what I missed, but I know for sure I missed on Visual Effects, Sound, Editing, Art Direction and Cinematography. I think I predicted Tilda but I also think I predicted Julie, which I think was the only one I missed in the Top 8. As usual, docs, shorts and foreign-language were problematic for me. I didn’t research them this year though I did see a few of the shorts online.

I figured that they would finally Give that Sound guy (Kevin O’Connell?) his Oscar after 20 nominations, so I went with Transformers.

They stiffed him again this year!

Congrats to Archive Guy!

Whoop! Do you see this white mustache I have? It’s because I drank ALL YOUR MILKSHAKES! :cool:

And I didn’t even get any of the Bourne wins correct (oops!).

Thanks for setting this up, Mahaloth. :slight_smile: Better luck next year (just by a whisker).

I didn’t get any of the Bourne categories right either. How did I not pick it for best editing? It’s obvious!