Stupid Saxby Chambliss

Aren’t all threads mentioning this politician required, at some point, to say “Tell him he’s fired!”?

And the Vinyl Turnip award for this thread goes to…

Sir, I served with Clementine Dimplethippy. I knew Clementine Dimplethippy. Clementine Dimplethippy was a friend of mine. You’re no Clementine Dimplethippy.

Is anyone else repeatedly reading the title as, “Stupid Sexy Chambliss,” then going straight to, “Stupid Sexy Flanders?”

(raises hand) “Present.”

Then my work here is done!

Bingo. My comment was going to be “Anyone reading that thread title in Homer’s voice?”

Per Wikipedia, his name is Clarence Saxby Chambliss. So he is known as Saxby, presumably, through his own choice. Maybe he decided that was the lesser of two evils.

Yes, but its pronounced “cockgobbler mangroove”.

Really? You’ve never heard of a parent calling one of their children by his or her middle name?

He took Saxby over Clarence? I mean, Clarence is a terrible name, but I’d take being called “Clarence Chambliss” over “Saxby Chambliss” any day.

Since Wikipedia calls him “Clarence Saxby Chambliss, Jr.”, I’d guess that his father was Clarence Saxby Chambliss Senior, and called “Clarence” by his friends, so the future senator from Georgia was called “Saxby” to differentiate.

I live in his district and there are speculations that Paul Broun is going to run for the seat. I’m crying on the inside, but at least it should be entertaining.

What, the name Ineedmore Wedgies was taken?

Leadership by resignation. Huh. Must have read the same handbook as Sarah Palin.

Douchebag McDoucherton of Devonshire was taken as well, it seems.