Terminator: Genisys sounds awful.

I look forward to the Terminator Holiday Special. The Terminator family, gathered around the tree while little T-10 waits for dad T-800 and John Connor to evade the evil T-1000. The grand finale has Sarah singing a song of celebration to the original movie theme music.

I wish I could believe this was a joke, but I’m sure it’s not. If there’s a buck to be made, they’ll prop the old withered corpse up in a chair and put a cup in its hand.

This must be acknowledged. :smiley:

I get why you need a star, but I’m not super convinced you need Arnold specifically. It should be pointed out that the horse guy from Game of Thrones was unable to move the needle on the Conan remake, so you need more than just some big guy from the modern era to replace Arnold.

Someone on the level of The Rock might be able to pull it off, but I don’t think The Rock could only because facial expressions are his thing.

Other than The Rock, who is the biggest “strongman” name in Hollywood today?

It is known.

Holy hell, the rest of the pictures make the movie look even worse.

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20483133_20867587,00.html#30242038

The girl looks like Miley Cirus. All of them look awful with their war faces going. Terrible CGI backgrounds amplify the bush-league nature of the movie.

I am convinced they are going to reveal that the design of the T-800 is based off Kyle Reese. Look at how hard they are trying to make him look like Arnold.

They need to get Linda Hamilton into Game of Thrones now so they can have all the Sarah Connors.

Chris Hemsworth?

My god this looks horrible, but another part of me thinks this sounds so foolish maybe they are actually on to something. It will at least be different.

Why is Sarah working as a assassin? Couldn’t her Terminator “father” just rob a bank or two or something.

Am I crazy or did they basically kick back John’s story and make it about Sarah?

While I agree this movie sounds terrible, I wouldn’t base my opinion on some promo pics in EW. Those are shot just for the magazine and almost always look terrible. I remember when the X-Men: DOFP pictures came out in EW, everyone thought the movie looked terrible.

:: golf clap ::

Why don’t they just call it the Terminator Christmas Special and get it over with.

I refuse to watch it just for the stupid name.

This reboot sounds like the same “thinking” that went into the Star Trek re-boot: let’s use all the familiar names, but change EVERYTHING about the characters in our new universe.

The Star Trek reboot is a commercial and critical success.

Sorry. Meant to add “without JJ Abrams”