To the homeless scum that walked into my home.

Just more evidence that the Latex Division is trying to keep the Cardboard Division down.

This makes no sense whatsoever. None. What planet are you from?

I find it hard to believe that being homeless could be “easy” for anyone. Working and keeping a roof over your head has got to be easier than dealing with being homeless. In order to be homeless, you’ve got to have no resources of any kind–no family, no friends whose couches you can crash on while you’re trying to get yourself together. We’re talking about people who don’t even have reliable protection from the elements, here. They’ve got pretty minimal protection from random thugs, besides. Not to mention that it’s really hard to get hired if you can’t write down an address on a job application. If you’re not getting hired, you’re not earning money. If you’re not earning money, you can’t pay rent. If you can’t pay rent, you’ve got nowhere to live. See how this works?

Not to mention that, if you’re both down-and-out and mentally ill, getting yourself decent living conditions gets even harder. Being poor makes your chances of getting adequate health care much, much lower. Not to mention that a lot of the seriously mentally ill are unhireable.

Is any of what I’ve written making any sense?

I have no problem with homeless people per se, but when they start begging they bother people. If you choose* to be homeless you can be homeless and but you have to shut the fuck up. Live on the street but don’t beg for money. Don’t ask for food. If you want money or food get a job.

*If you are incapible of making this simple choice, you have no business living in society. You should be put someplace where you can be taken care of where your level of bothering people can be made as low as possible.

Hey, Kel, you cum gargling fuckpuddle, I lived in L.A. for many years and often took the time to speak with the homeless. Many of them were incoherent as they had been kicked out of facilities in the wake of government cutbacks.

I sat with one guy on the curb by Pink’s hotdog stand. Wouldn’t let me buy him a dog. Had a good conversation with him though.

Others were people just down on their luck. From time to time I invited them back to my apartment, fixed them dinner, gave them a place to shower and sleep, and gave them clothes I had become too fat to fit in to.

I hear from the latter from time to time. Many of them are holding down jobs, have places of their own. Some have even gotten married and bought homes.

They are no longer homeless.

You, however, will always be what you always seem to be on these boards: a double ply tissue best employed to wipe.

Are you all thinking what I’m thinking? What flows through Kel’s veins is not mere blood - it’s the milk of human kindness.

Gee willikers. I think people were sort of sympathetic about the intrusion, but when you started getting mad at the poor and the afflicted *because * they’re poor and afflicted you may have lost your audience.

I’m telling myself you just were scared silly by the intrusion (these things can be scarier than you’d think and can get your adrenalin going). I can be irate and unreasonable when I’m scared. In fact it’s a guarantee.

Why do I get the feeling that if I had pitted a Bush supporter breaking into my apartment and how I hate Bush supporters the response would be very different?

One of the above groups largely contributes to our society in a positive way and one in negative way. Care to guess which is which?

Dear Kel, did it ever occur to you that you are the proverbial turd in the punchbowl, you snot guzzling useless piece of crap? Sincerely, Alonzo John Blitz

Think of it like this. Society is a team. Are the homeless helping or hurting out team? If the police would just arrest these people problems like mine would not come. It is illegall to sleep on street in the city, do the police arrest these people. No, they just leave be to commit crime agaisnt the rest of us. The homeless do not respect the rest of us. Why should we respect them? I bet many of you would change your tunes if a homeless person broke into your house.

Sorry, we normal Bush supporters think you’re fucking crazy as well.

You know why many of the homeless can’t just waltz in a shelter and recieve full mental healthcare and an insta-job? Because insensitive fuckwads like yourself think it’s someone else’s duty to donate to homeless charity organizations. Shelter fairies only exist in your diluted imagination.

I think most people were sympathetic about the intrusion.

But, um, let’s just say you could use a few ghosts to show you Christmas past, present and future.

By “society” you mean, of course, “Bush supporters,” since it’s hard to argue that Bush supporters are contributing in a positive way to anyone else, or intend to do so. However, being a Bush supporter, you probably think “society” is “other Bush supporters” and everyone else is trespassing.

Look–if all you tell us about someone is that they’re a Bush supporter, we wouldn’t necessarily assume that this person has a good chance of being seriously mentally ill. We’d probably assume that the person who broke into your house understood what he or she was doing and had thus chosen to do something wrong.

When you say that someone homeless entered your apartment without permission, we can’t assume that that person was sane enough to understand and follow basic societal rules. You can’t fault someone for not doing something that he or she simply isn’t capable of doing.

Criminalize poverty? What are they going to do when they arrest a homeless guy, make him pay a fine?

Does a shelter qualify as a legal address for those seeking work?

If they find work, will they be able to make enough to pay rent, buy food and decent clothes, and afford medical insurance?

If the shelters are full, where should the homeless go?
Obviously not into someone’s home, but where?

I could go on, but the point here is that the issues regarding the homeless are more complex than they are often made out to be.

I am not a Bush supporter.

Just what I was thinking.

“Are there no prisons? Is the Union workhouse still in opperation? The Treadmill and the Poor Laws are in full force?”
Kal, my lord, have you even read the responses here?

Oops…Kel.

Then I apologize to Bush supporters. Come to think, I don’t anyone that’s as big an ass as you are that doesn’t vote Libertarian.

What is wrong with Libertarians?

Kel, are you really so monumentally stupid, or are you just trolling?