What to mix with Coconut rum? (minimal citrus, please!)

Mix it into a milkshake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

I knew I shouldn’t have opened this thread. Now I’m taking notes as fast as I can.

Pineapple chunks soaked in the rum overnight make for a yummy treat!

I can’t think of a better way than as “Storm Riders” or the “Riders on the Storm” cocktails, I tailgated at the Doors Concert at DTE. Captain Morgans, Original Hawaiian Punch from the large tin, Frozen margarita in a tube, a bottle of high proof rotgut, some ice, and a cooler.

Coconut rum makes an interesting variation on a white Russian. I use Malibu, Tia Maria and a little cream or milk. Substitute milk with Silk of you have lactose issues.

V8 Tropical Splash. It’s one of my few exceptions to the “no HFCS” rule because it tastes stellar with coconut rum.

I may be headed to the store shortly. Some GREAT idea’s here.

If you want to avoid HFCS, they make a diet version, even.

The Gilligan’s Island

Coconut rum (for the Professor, who could make anything out of a coconut)
Goldschlager sp? (for the Howells)
Captain Morgans’ rum (for the Skipper)

Mix a shot, or half shot, of each of the above.

Fill a glass with ice, add liquors, then plenty of

Ginger ale(for Ginger Grant)

Throw in a maraschino cherry, for Mary Ann.

I guess the ice was for Gilligan, because that’s all that’s left for him.

I’ve always enjoyed these, but I like a good sweet and creamy drink:

Mounds
Almond Joy

And from what I can tell, they do have diet Yoohoo in the southeast US, and it seems like that flavor combination would work well.

Midori + Pineapple juice + coconut rum = Malibu beach.

Tasty.

What about coconut rum, Captain Morgan’s, peach juice, a splash of grenadine and a splash of amaretto? (Or whichever of those you’ve got around.) Some kind of variation on a Mai Tai.

My brain is now going 'You put the lime in the coconut, you drink ‘em both together, put the lime in the coconut…’

Hot Chocolate, when the weather cools off.

OK, since I am easily influenced, I am off to buy my 1st ever bottle of flavored rum; I remember that I have had a couple of drinks made with Malibu before and enjoyed them, (although I can’t remember exactly what they were mixed with) but this thread has driven me over the top, as there are several suggestions that sound good, especially the pineapple/orange juice combo…

I usually choose Cruzan or Appleton when buying my once-a-year bottle of rum (I mostly just drink beer, not too much liquor) but I am willing to try something new, just for the hell of it…

Besides Malibu, what affordable brands are worth trying out?

(apparently Cruzan makes a coconut rum; Has anyone tried it before?)

You put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up.

Come on. Four days and no one has posted this???

Call me in the morning.

Beat you to it. Post 32 :wink:

Between the two of us, I think we’ve made pretty sure that no one will leave this thread unearwormed.

Just got back from the fucking liquor store: All the flavored rums (coconut and the other flavors as well) are all only about 40 proof, (as opposed to any “regular” golden or silver, i.e. unflavored rums, which are all at least 80 proof), and are several bucks more per bottle each, to add insult to injury…

Instead, I picked up a bottle of Mt. Gay Silver (on sale for $12.99) and also a bottle of cheap tequila (Sauza Blanco) to make up for the crushing disappointment.

Pray for the devil…

Cranicot—if only Ocean Spray still made it.:frowning: