What was the bad behaviour that earned Inkleberry a warning?

This is really only good advice for people who know where to find it.

I didn’t even know such a thing existed until I read this thread, and now I kind of wish I hadn’t.

While the thread lists contained overlap, it should be noted that my thread included several unmentioned threads “over there” as well as specific quotes.

I spent well over an hour documenting specifically what I found offensive, including relevant cites.

Just because a partial bibliography is the same doesn’t mean there is a conspiricy a foot.

But it is not the exact same list as the one in the OP of the closed thread. That list was pulled from the ‘find all posts list’. And Inkelberry freely admits that she didn’t compile the list. That others helped her and the names of the others do not appear in her op nor has she mentioned them anywhere.

Who are the people that compiled the list of ‘squinky’ posts.

Key word here is ABOUT - He is NOT writing about a fetish! It is IS his fetish. It is obvious to anyone who has ever been solicited online by a stranger what the deal is here. He likes to direct conversation towards sex - mostly S&M themed sex. He derives pleasure from it. And it certainly is unlikely he just has a coke and smile, mmky? I truly do not care how badly the admins want to make this not so because of where the info came from. Now people are talking about it and probably doing searches to see if it is as bad as Ink and co. made it out to be.

Honestly I think the admins here have not read the thread in question but seem to be well informed of the thread on the board wedarenotspeakitsname. Again Key word here is ATTACK. The pit thread was hardly an attack. But we must call it an attack so that we can justify it, right? Cuz otherwise if you take out the word “attack” and put in the acurate word “Pit” it would muck up your point. I realize it does not matter in major scheme of things but could you guys at least get an anonymous board to plan this Mod/Admin siege each time the board wedarenotspeakitsname gets mentioned?

It’s not an illegal fetish, now is it?

Look, people talk. It’s what they do. The SDMB is not a sacred cow. It is not an AA meeting or a support group or a therapy session. There is no sticky or sign that says, “Everything discussed here must remain on board.”

As cranky and offended as people get about that paticular nonny board, it should be well pointed out that there is an ENTIRE ARCHIVE dedicated to other boards where people specifically talk about the goings-on of SDMB. Not to mention the SDMB communities on LJ, myspace, etc. Or the FFF board. Or gossiping at Dopefests. Or chatting by Dopers about SDMB privately by email, phone, or in person.

We can’t pretend that SDMB is some sort of isolated island, or that what you do here isn’t going to be used in some other format (for good or for ill) IRL or elsewhere online. This is why we have screen names and don’t give out addresses and don’t involve too much of our own personal info here. There’s a reason why you don’t post things that aren’t common public knowledge in the rest of your life.

Getting upset over people talking elsewhere about what goes down here is a serious case of short-sightedness and an incredible feat of denial regarding how humans behave. Trust me, coworkers, family members, and friends talk behind your back. Sometimes no very nicely. And sometimes one person can notice something that disturbs them, and come to find out that others do as well. This is not a conspiricy, this is not a board war, this is not anything OMGWTFBBQ. It’s a case of one person’s behavior, appearance, writings, whatever being so noticeably outside the norm that it is disruptive to the equilibrium.

Now, if a person pits another without merit, they’ll prolly get roasted themselves. If it’s just bizarre or lame, it’ll die a natural death. However, in this case, that is clearly not what’s happening. This member’s behavior has spawned conversation IRL, on another community (at least 1 that I know of, I wouldn’t doubt more), and now in 4 threads here. These conversations have been going on for weeks. It isn’t a “remarkable coincidence” that an entire thread about it would now pop up in the pit, it is an expected course of events once enough feathers have been ruffled in enough places.

The nonny boards are for the most part lame. I hardly qualify “boobies!” and “fap fap fap” to be quality and incisive wit. Sometimes, though, the threads there have there merits. This seems to be one of those times.

As to why the boards exist, that’s probably a multifaceted thing, and worthy of another thread. But to try and contain the SDMB to this space alone is lunacy and also totally ignorant of social behavior in general, and prone to failure.

Bullcrap. Inkleberry had repeatedly said she in fact compiled 95% on her own.

honestly I have no idea. However I do not recall that anything needed to be illegal to be pitted. I realize you are fond of this poster but seriously if someone takes issue with being someone else’s wank material I think the Administration should atleast take a look at the situtation rather then just slam the door, don’t you? Because his choice of age seems to be above the legal limit does it make it right? I know I know I am just making assumptions here because we were not able to have a real discussion about it that is all we can do.

I find it kinda funny that there’s this whole community of people on some other board who are running around frothing at the mouth about my posts over here. I’m guessing banned folk, since otherwise they’d be over here frothing at the mouth. What a very silly board.

I think it’s also funny that some people think I’m molesting the ENTIRE STRAIGHT DOPE with my sexually-oreinted posts. I didn’t know I had that kinda power, man. Really. I guess it’s my overpowering masculinity. I have that effect on posters, almost without knowing it. I guess you could call it, sexual charisma. Yeah, sexual charisma. I like that. Beats “creepiness” all hollow.

And for the record, I’m pretty sure that 9 out of 10 or more of my posts are over in GD, IMHO and the Pit and related to political matters, not sex. My main interest in posting here is politics, etc. However, I have that hippy-dippy sensibility that sex is part of who you are, and nothing to be ashamed of, etc. And I think Inkleberry and her buddies over in the Phantom Zone are the ones that have a problem. I think they don’t want posts on the Dope to have sexual content. I think they’re made uneasy by sexual content in posts. I’m prepared to let that be their problem, so long as it’s amenable to others. There are some folks who are uneasy about sexual discussions unless they are channeled into very narrow, very approved areas. AFAIC, their views should never be recognized by other adults.

And for the record, I DO think Judith Miller should be stripped naked, straight-jacketed, ball-gagged, and forced to run laps around Times Square at noon on a weekday. But not … and I think this is so VERY important … NOT for sexual reasons.

Why are you referring to yourself in the third person all of a sudden? :dubious:

I don’t even know Evil Captor.

What I resent is:

Having people talk about us on other boards
Having **inkleberry ** say, “pot, meet kettle” when what happened in **TubaDuva’s ** case was illegal and what happened in EC’s case is illegal,

I don’t care if people find him offensive, then that is a right and proper reason to pit someone, but talking about it on other boards and then bringing it here is against the rules of the board. It isn’t a new rule, either.

FTR, I don’t approve of what **TubaDiva ** did either, and I think she got away with a lot because she’s a mod…but then again, she’s a mod and does an awful lot or us. So I am willing to give her some leeway.

Sport. Frustration. Lame attempt at humor. Further evidence of conspiricy theory. :rolleyes:

Take your pick.

What does “nonny board” mean?

Do you always refer to yourself in third person?

A board where most, if not all, of the people posting don’t use a screen name – no name at all. They post as “Anonymous” and call each other “nonny” when they’re not playing guess-the-nonny. In other words, a board where most of the participants aren’t willing to stand behind what they post.

Inkleberry SMASH!

Have you ever heard of a figure of speech?

1. Homage to Bob Dole.

That isn’t it at all. God, knows I love talking about sexual matters and discussing kinks but the manner in which you do so and your obsession with it is what creeps me out. I don’t care what you do in your own time or what kinks you have (I have more than a few myself) but you’ve repeatedly brought it to the boards, using them for your fantasies.

So then if something legitimate needs to be brought up here if it is mentioned over at wedarenotspeakitsname it automatically becomes invalid? Truth is there is an undeniable theme to almost every post he makes. What if say his theme was not sex talk for wanking it, say it was, eh Bush SuXXors or why homosexuality is wrong would that be more PC to pit here? Look I could care less about all the flirt threads around here or even those posters who seem to always need to that kind of thing but your missing the point. I get you hate the wedarenotspeakitsname and all that it stands for, however does it really matter?