Word for Mac: Getting pics back into JPEG files

Omphaloskeptic;

Not on a Mac it doesn’t. “.bmp” format is not used on a Mac for anything, and the contents of the clipboard are never dithered to 256 colors. Copy a 32-bit image and past it elsewhere and you get a 32-bit image where you paste. The Mac clipboard uses: (MacOS 9, 8, 7, etc): PICT format or (MacOS X): PDF format as its/their native format, and it’s all a 32 bit world. Come to think of it, in this day and age I’d be astonished if Windows really dithers clipboard copies to 256 color bitmaps. That’s so windows-3.1ish. I’m not a Windows geek and will accept correction from Windows users, but it seems sufficiently unlikely that I have to ask: cite?

Interestingly, Word does seem to do this. IE and most other Windows apps I’ve seen do not, but Word does…

As Reply says, it really does do this on Windows. You’re right about the Mac part though; I’d forgotten he was using a Mac.

Consider yourself astonished, then. :slight_smile: On my Win 98, with Word 2000, copying a JPG image from a DOC file to the clipboard, then pasting into a new 24-bit color file in Corel PhotoPaint 7 creates a “palleted” 256-color file, which few other application programs do. It looks fugly. Cite? I just tried it again, and it did it again. I cannot vouch for other operating systems or Word versions.

Microsoft Weird.

I never did like that word processor.