IE setup question

Guys, I folded and had to use Internet Explorer for some of my websurfing. Netscape just has too many bugs that seem to be magnified to the nth degree by this site. I’m just getting aquainted with IE and I wonder if any of the longtime MS lemmings :wink: can help me out.

Problem 1) When I open up a new window via the File menu or clicking on a hyperlinked URL it opens as a very small window as opposed to a maximized window. A minor quirk, but it adds an extra click that I’d like to avoid. Is there a preference that can adjust this?

Problem 2) When I type in the input window for the replys (which I’m doing now) it acts as an overwrite. That is to say if I try to make a correction it types over the text and doesn’t insert text. A frustrating feature when composing a lengthy reply.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated and speed my assimilation into the MS community.

Problem #1 - I don’t have a clue.

Problem #2 - just tap that ‘insert’ key. That should toggle between insert and strikeover modes.

And welcome to the Borg.

What do I believe in? Not much that isn’t explained by logic and scientific experiment. And, you better believe, I want to see the logic and the laboratory equipment.
–P.J. O’Rourke–

As someone who has IE5 enforced on them in work, and doing techsupport, I may be able to help you.

for no.1) I.m not too sure yet, pressing f11
will bring it too full screem mode, so if that helps… the screen should default to the sixe that the window before it opened in,
but give me a few days and I should have an answer.
and yes,
Welcome to the Borg

Problem #2 - just tap that ‘insert’ key. That should toggle between insert and strikeover modes.

Sometime that will not work uncle beer and it pisses me off bigtime.

Also if typing say more than a long paragraph in the SDMB window …it begans to disappear in the top of the screen…everytime you try to put a curser at the end of a sentence the window jumps up to the top of the screen and you can’t see what you are typing…grrrrrr

And I don’t know what ever became of the pink envelopes and light bulbs :frowning:

“I think it speaks to the duality of man sir.”
(Private Joker in Full Metal Jacket)

Oh yeah and problem one omi…try resizing the window (larger) that pops up using your mouse and its possible the rest will popup that same size. Hell I am not sure just try it, it works for me sometimes.

“I think it speaks to the duality of man sir.”
(Private Joker in Full Metal Jacket)

Guys, thanks for the help on the insert toggle, that whipped it, musta been a hold over from that keyboard cleaning fiasco.

I tried resizing it manually using the icon, and the right click menu, both resized it, but once I clicked the next link it went back to the default (small) window. I assumed it would revert to the last used setting like Netscape does, but that appears not to be the case. Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

uninstall completely… everything… and all netscape stuff just in case.

reboot clean,

reboot again,
install IE, open the first one as full screen, and start a new window and that should do it… (I hope)
I cant seem to find a control for it.

Om, what version IE???

You can use the input bookmarks to bring in your Netscape bookmarks.

I get big windows on opening a new browser window if I maximize a small one,save, & open another one with Netscape. It simply duplicates the window size of the previous window.