Why Was Collunsbury Banned?

I was perusing some old threads that he had contributed to and was … well, not shocked, but dismayed to see him banned. I know that he had a wee bit of a short fuse and vitriolic style, but he was also very knowledgeable and refreshingly candid.

I did an all-forum search and nothing came up, not even on the keyword “Bush,” which, knowing him, should have triggered an avalanche of hits. Please post a link or let me know why. I will miss his solid insight into the MENA region’s political lunacy.

Generally, the Staff would prefer that such questions be handled by e-mail (and any related subjects, if necessary, placed in the Pit). Basically, he chose to allow his vitriol to spill over into too many GD threads. I, too, miss his contributions, but he pretty much sealed his own fate with his behavior. I’m pretty sure that if you search the Pit for “Collounsbury” in the title for the last few months, you will find both his last (long) pitting by those he exasperated and the thread that was posted jst following his banishment.

You might want to e-mail a Mod and ask that this thread be closed or moved to the Pit.

Thank you, tomndebb. Like I said, I wasn’t shocked, just dismayed. Mods, please lock this thread.

Here is the pit thread, since you missed it.

Collounsbury, 6-3-2000 to 11-28-2002

Closed at the request of the OP.