TV shows that are worse than the Brady Bunch Hour

Please name all prime-time network TV shows that have been worse, either in concept or production, than the Brady Bunch Hour/Brady Bunch Variety Hour.

My list:

Thats quite a list. Don’t you like ANYTHING?

I think that means he likes everything, at least more than the BBH.

The Brady Brides was much worse that the BBH could ever have hoped to be. Even the return of the real Jan couldn’t save it.

World’s Funniest Animal Maulings

CopRock

“The Pitts”

This might be a good place to mention a show I remember from the seventies, but I haven’t been able to find the name. It was a sitcom, set in the U.S.S.R., about a largish family sharing a tiny apartment. I only remember seeing one episode (that may have been all that aired) but it stuck in my mind. Can anybody name it?

“Pink Lady and Jeff”

“Saturday Night Live with Howard Cosell”

Paula Poundstone’s variety show, whatever it was called.

There are many others, but that’s just in the variety genre.

Ya beat me to it, Revtim. Even though I never saw the BBH, it couldn’t have been worse than The Pitts. It couldn’t have been worse than the commercials for The Pitts.

You’ve set the bar pretty high (low?), Philosophocles. I could be snarky and suggest Will and Grace or Full House, but I’m above that.

At least BBH has it’s own campy charm (remember when the Simpsons did a takeoff on it?).

A worse show, eh? I humbly submit “The Jm J. and Tammy Faye Show” starring Jim J Bullock and Tammy Faye Bakker, a talk show that lasted about 6 months circa 1995 or 96. Shudder

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/TV/9601/tammy_faye/ is the best link I could find (thankfully. You don’t want to know how bad this show was).

Manimal

James at 16

My Living Doll

Small Wonder.

After 4000+ posts, this is my first time ever channelling the Comic Book Guy:

Worst. Show. Ever.

Joanie loves Chachi

Supertrain

Any of the “comedies” UPN or the WB ran in their respective first years.

Oh man, Small Wonder. How anybody could come up with that unless they were really, really stoned is beyond me.

Mercifully, I managed to avoid entirely the Jim J. and Tammy Faye show, so I can’t comment on it except for the obvious fact that it starred…Jim J. Bullock and Tammy Faye Bakker, so how good could it have ever hoped to be anyway?

I found the name of the show I asked about earlier. It was called
Ivan the Terrible, and aired in '76. About the only reason to make note of it now is that one of the stars was a young Nana Visitor, later to be known as Major Kira on DS9.

Oh, by the way…AFTERMASH.

Small Wonder

Billy - Billy Connolly’s spinoff from Head Of The Class. His character has a sham marriage with a working mother so he doesn’t get deported and so she can keep her house, IIRC. Imagine Green Card crossed with Ned & Stacy, throw in some typical TV cute kids. Dull, dull, dull. No chemistry between the leads, she seemed to resent him even. Sitcom compost. They would have done better to just let him do a half hour of stand-up and sketches every week instead of making another cheap, dull, and stupid ABC’s TGIF sitcom.

Anything starring or featuring Louie Anderson.

We Got It Made

Mr. Smith - The superintelligent talking orangutan NBC sitcom from 1983. It was a political advisor in Washington. There was a whiny little girl, and a dumb guy (like Jethro Bodean without the backwoods charm) who the ape poked fun of. Every week they had to avoid letting the ape’s secret get out. The last episode I remember, because my sister loved this crapfest and never missed it, involved the ape’s secret being broadcast on national TV. It ended with the little girl crying for what seemed like forever and pleading, “Please don’t take Mr. Smith away!” over and over until they faded out. It was cancelled luckily, so Mr. Smith’s fate is unknown. That show was so painful and stupid, it made Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp look like I, Claudius by comparison.

The Charmings

i fucking hate the partrige sp? family

The Captain and Tennille had a smokin’ show for awhile there. Whoo.
Hoo.

Some good ideas here…but remember that on the Brady Bunch Hour:

1. Rip Taylor was a regular–Rip-freakin’ Taylor!!!

2. The guest list was like a who’s who from a very bad Love Boat episode–Charo, Farrah Fawcett, Lee Majors, Rich Little, Rick Dees

3. The gawdy excess of the set (horrible color scheme and bizarre lighting) was surpassed only by the outrageousness of the Brady wardrobe–dreadful beyond words, even by 70s standards.

4. All the Brady guys still had those perms.

5. Most of the cast couldn’t sing or dance. (The exceptions being Florence Henderson, Barry Williams, and Maureen McCormick)

6. When a concept is so tacky that even Sherwood Schwartz shies away from it, that’s sayin’ something.

7. Envision this–all the Bradys in outrageously colored sequin bell-bottomed pants and leisure suits, as they sing show tunes, while a bunch of Rockette type showgirl dancers are high kicking their way across the stage…while water ballerinas do some grandiose synchronized swimming routine…and when the showgirls exit the stage, the Bradys abruptly break into a tone deaf disco medley that includes “Shake Your Booty”, “Do the Hustle”, and “Disco Duck”

8. When this song and dance number is mercifully over, you’re treated to another lame skit where all the jokes fall flat.