Anyone have an ICQ contact number?

I’m trying to find a phone number for ICQ Tech support… they deleted my accout a few weeks ago and waiting for an email response appears to be a waste… I tried calling the AOL number listed on the icq.com whois, but that’s a dead end.

I’ve never heard of an ICQ account being deleted. How do you know it’s deleted? Is your page at http://web.icq.com/[UIN] gone?

Yes it is… I can’t login and all my details have vanished… I’ve been using that number since 96 or so… very annoying!

ICQ will delete an account if it decides it is being used “inappropriately”. What that amounts to is only known to them.

From what I’ve heard, when this happens there is no force on earth that will move them to reinstate the account. Sorry.

I had a similar problem…i just made a new account.

I had a similar issue. My low-7 digit ICQ number suddenly wouldn’t accept the only password I ever used for it. I kept getting similar auto responses to all the mails I sent to ICQ support. The strange thing was that the recover password option sent me my actual password, but using that password just did not work. I kept writing in to them asking them to correct the error. No response. Somewhere down the line they unlisted my ICQ number. I then asked them to re-issue it to me. They denied my request and said that I should sign up for a new ICQ number. I am now using the new number.

If I didn’t love ICQ so much I would have moved to another IM. But, IMHO, ICQ is by far the best IM there is and it was worth starting out with a new ICQ number.