Funny or Clever Names for Cabins or Cottages

A family member has recently purchased a lakeside cabin, and in the tradition of the accompanying lifestyle, would like to name it.

Folks have put forth suggestions such as:

Hodge Podge Lodge
Chateau Relaxeau
The Oar House (y’know, like “whore house!”)
Wander Inn
Stumble Inn
Dock Holiday (y’know, like Doc Holliday, the gunslinger…)
Villa Costalota
Wontchewcom Inn

With the wealth of wit and knowledge on these boards, I have a feeling there are some other good suggestions out there. Please post your ideas! I’ll credit you when I forward them to him!

Thanks!

Put the name “Saunders” over the door.

Tell people you summer at the lake, “Under the name of Saunders.” It sound mysterious. Few people will remember it from Whinne the Poo.

I named mine The Last Resort.

Have you someone named Tom in your family, perhaps an uncle? You could name it Uncle Tom’s Cabin.

The whole thing sounds rather precious…do you live on the East Coast? “Uncle Tom’s Cabin”? Are you serious? Maybe there is a Spaniard in the family and they can name it “Spic and Span”.

This isn’t really a cabin or a cottage, but a beach house we rented while in Pensacola was called “We’ll Sea”, and the explaination was on the fridge. Something about how whenever kids ask to go to the beach their parents always say “we’ll see”, and if they can go play in the sand it’s “we’ll see”. I dunno. I thought it was clever, maybe it’s not.
-foxy

My mom and dad’s place is simply called “Gingerbread” - considering that it’s a brown house with white frilly Scandanavian-type trim on it, that fits.

I have friends who own a cottage on the coast of Maine who call theirs “On the Rocks” - it has to do both with the location of the house and the preferred drinking habits of those who occupy it :smiley:

“Wolf’s Lair”, or
“Eagle’s Nest”

…I bet you that 80% of the population wouldn’t “get” the reference. :frowning:

Didyabringyagrogalong (pseudo-aboriginal word)

Our Cabin in Upstate Vermont is PSYCOTTAGE - as I am a psychologist and all. :slight_smile:

Kick Back.

If someone is named Lou, you could call it **Shang-Ra-Lou **

Thanks for the great ideas, people!

The cabin is on a weedy Alberta, Canada lake. And I mean “on” the lake - it’s only about 10 feet from the water. I just thought of another idea: Shore Thing.

Canaddy Inn?

My boyrfriend’s mother built a cabin in the woods. She was going to name it Morning Wood Retreat. That is until her sons explained to her what morning wood was. It’s now called Song Wood.

How bout:
Doo Drop Inn
Alberta Lakeside Loveshack (since it’s on lake Alberta)
Donchawannacomeon Inn
I like the “Saunders” thing too.:slight_smile:

IDBB

Cabin, Eh? Sauvignon

Chateau de Doo Dah Daze

The Little Brown Shack Out Front