Best NES 2-Player Games?

Hmm? I would put Tecmo Bowl up there, but havent decided a top 3 or 5 or whatever. What do you all think?

I’ll take it back to the day:

1. RBI Baseball
  2. Ice Hockey
  3. Ring King

Good times.

Battletoads - until Level 3, that is. It was usually more fun to just start beating on each other in the rope descent level, but the hoverbikes were just crazy. Coordinating two people was horrifying.

Chip ‘n’ Dale
Snake Rattle ‘n’ Roll

Battletoads
Double Dragon
Super Mario Bros 2 (not sure if this counts)
Tetris (not sure if this one counts either)

Blades of Steel

IMHO, the best hockey game produced, only because if you lost the fight then you got the penalty and there were no stoppages. Unless you got an icing, which is quite a challenge to do. I don’t think we ever got more than 3 in a game. Oh, and the penalty shots that we’re so easy to stop, you didn’t have to worry about starting a fight in your own zone.

I almost forgot, placing bets on the number of sticks that’ll be raised in the photograph at the end.

Good times.

Contra, we used to play that through for hours at a time (with the cheat code).

I’m partial to Bubble Bobble. It’s a great cooperative game, and offered simultaneous play, which I really liked. I played the game a LOT with my sister.

River City Ransom all the way!

Fun stuff, especially buying food.

Has anyone ever played “Trog”? That gem gave my family and I countless hours of co-op play in the early 90’s

Dr. Mario
Rampart
Contra
TMNT

It doesn’t. Tetris was single-player only on the NES.

Trog was absolutely hilarious, and my brother and I loved it to death. The “I finished the level!” dance your little dinosaur did became almost my trademark for awhile…

Good God, this game was impossible to beat. I think it was the third level which just completely screwed you over.

Tengen Tetris was 2 players. Much rarer than normal Tetris though.

Marble Madness and Gauntlet/Gauntlet 2 are good 2 player games. I remember alot of hype around Star Tropics, but I never played it myself.

Solstice could be two player if you go in 4 hour shifts…

too easy

Ice Hockey (can’t believe nobody else mentioned it. The fat guy rocked)
Contra (obvious)
and RBI baseball

King of the Beach…

North and South!
I second the Ice Hockey.

Micro Machines, on any console, is the bestest multiplayer racing game EVAR. I can’t stand split-screen. Micro Machines avoids split-screen with an innovative racing system.

Legendary Wings is a pretty good shooter, if you can find it.

Contra
Super Dodgeball
Tecmo Bowl