Hey, Floridopers, ready for Jeanne?

Here she is.

Are we being punished for screwing up the last election?

Hope everyone is hunkering down :). Y’all stay safe.

The track at Hurricane Alley is more detailed. At its closest approach to us (Bay area) it’s projected to have sustained winds of 86 mph with gusts to 104. We took the boards off the front of the house last week (left the back ones up), so we’re putting those right back up again.

I can’t handle much more of this. Today at work (grocery store) is going to suck hard. Each of the days before Frances, Ivan, and Charley, we doubled our sales. Good for the bonus, bad for the soul.

Shut up shut up shut up shut up!!!

I think I am suffering from what our illustrious governor is calling hurricane fatigue, not helped by the fact that since I work at a broadcast facility, we have to bust our ass and stay late to finish logs ahead of time in case we have to bug out.

I am so ready for November. Both because the political partisan mudslinging will be over and Mother Nature will move her hurricane machine to the southern hemisphere.

Another damn track.. This one gets updated automatically every six hours.

Yeah, ivy, I noticed the track pushes it right over you. Again. My thoughts are with you and all the other central central Floridians – it’s been a bad year for y’all.

Do you think throwing a temper tantrum will help?

Because I’m about ready to throw one that will put a two-year-old coming down off a sugar high and a skipped nap to shame.

I cannot put into words how much this profounds sucks.

Remember folks if you are on the west side of the hurricane, it won’t be as bad. Ivan showed us this clearly when he came ashore at Gulf Shores, AL. Pensacola was on the right side of him and got clobbered while the Mississippi Gulf Coast was the same distance away from the eye, but on the west side. They suffered very little damage.

Again I remind you to play it safe, BUT do not fall victim to the Weather Channel and stud man Jim Cantore’s hype. Keep in mind they are in it for the ratings! I am beginning to think these canes are sponsored by Home Depot, Lowe’s and Publix.

I’ll join you.

Oh, good, RNATB. Two tantrums for the price of one!

Now, let’s go find some knicknacks to break and some bookshelves we can pull down.

I’m not quite mad enough to throw my poo on the walls, but give me time. I think I’m getting there.

:::covers ears::::

LA LA LA LA LA

I can’t hear you

LA LA LA LA LA

I’m in total denial and I don’t care, it’s not real. Just another day.

yes, yes, you are being punished for the 2000 elections. in october hurricanes will start to target the supremes.

ivylass, fling poo only on weather people who annoy you the most, and people with the same name as the hurricane.

Can I throw it on the reporters too? The ones who stand out on the beach to show how hard the wind is blowing?

Really, can’t they just recycle the footage from Charley and Frances and Ivan and replace the name of the hurricane? That way everyone stays nice and toasty in the studio.

Can I kick a wall too? How about ripping up plants? Can I do that too?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Here we go again. Power outages, gas shortages, plywood, bottled water … I can’t take this anymore!

What did we do to piss off the weather gods?

I can’t tell you how many times the local news stations have accidentally referred to this storm as “Frances.” It would actually make a good drinking game, if you don’t mind getting alcohol poisoning.

My radio station recommended take a drink everytime you hear someone say “hunker down,” hence the reason for including it in my previous post.

I have a Front Office closing shift at my Publix in a few hours… this is NOT going to be fun!

Maybe I’ll join the temper tantrum brigade. After the week I’ve had I’d probably feel better.

I’m not sure if its pronounced Jean or Jean-E but either way you would be throwing poo at my mother or my g/f. Shame on you poo-flingers.

My sister moved to the Orlando area a few years ago so her husband could attend seminary school, man I wish she would just come home to Cali. At least during the earthquakes we can hold on to oneanother…

Seriously folks, my thoughts are with you and be safe.

::brows drawing over nose, lower lip pushed out in a pout, breathing heavily through nose::

I’ve been writing articles all day just in case my office is without power next week (we were shut down for more than a week because of Frances). I can barely form a coherent sentence right now. I think I’m done for the day.

ivylass, I might be having a tantrum soon, too.

I just had to cut my vacation short and head home today in order to miss the hurricane this time. I was supposed to come home tomorrow from Orlando, but that isn’t happening, so I managed to get out at about noon today and am now home in Illinois. Luckily, they waived the change fee, which would have effectively doubled my entire flight price! :eek:

I don’t think most people are even paying attention to this one on our side of the peninsula. It’s just another hurricane, ho hum. I hope we don’t get any big surprises on this.

Best thoughts and luck to you East Coasters! Maybe she’ll do another pirouette and dance back into the Atlantic.